John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMA, good to see you here. I was wondering if you could do me yet another favor? IF you could take my patented circuit, simplify it to just 2 complementary idealized devices with no emitter resistors (at first), I would like to know how linear that circuit is below 100mV output. I suspect that you might be surprised (again). If you can't, I will understand.

Thanks for the input, John. I appreciate it.

I have a bunch of both the BF861 and BF862 as I thought that I had a found jewels in these. ..

I asked Philips / Sweden about the low freq noise characteristics for them, but got no reply.

80nV / sqrt(Hz) at 1Hz sounds resonable, and my smulations show about 150nV/Sqrt/Hz). Attached.

Sigurd

john curl said:
Sigurd, I think your latest characterization of the BF861 is fairly accurate. I asked again about the number of 80nV/rt. Hz regarding the BF862, and my source backed down a little and told he thought that it was what it measured at 1Hz instead of 10Hz. He was just quoting from memory, but he DID find that they were way out of line for low frequency use, in general. They are really RF devices.

Attachments

• bf861 vs bf862 vs k170 vs k147 at 1 - 100khz.jpg
    bf861 vs bf862 vs k170 vs k147 at 1 - 100khz.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 513
Status
Not open for further replies.