John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, do you have a link? I read through their site as background before I did measurements and listening trials- they used meaningless terms like "slipstream," but had apparently removed terms like "near superconductive" and any reference to Cooper pairs. If they're actually claiming that, it makes the whole exercise even more clownish.

Star Trek physics

Quantum slipstream drive operated by routing energy through the vessel's main deflector, which then focused a quantum field, allowing the vessel to penetrate the quantum barrier. In order to maintain the slipstream, the phase variance of the quantum field had to be constantly adjusted, or the slipstream would collapse, violently throwing the ship back into normal space.

Steve, do you have a link? I read through their site as background before I did measurements and listening trials- they used meaningless terms like "slipstream," but had apparently removed terms like "near superconductive" and any reference to Cooper pairs. If they're actually claiming that, it makes the whole exercise even more clownish.

Yes, they removed the "near superconductive" and "Cooper pairs" stuff. "Slipstream" is just a derivative of that.

se

Steve, "near superconductor" isn't a recognized technical term. It can mean anything the huckster wishes it to mean. So really, you can't say that it isn't so, any more than you can say that it isn't "flugacious."

Jneutron, who knows superconductors, did the best definition- "There's a superconductor a few feet away." And let's try to avoid personal insults on this forum, OK?

Long ago, perhaps 12-15 years, Jack Bybee was asked for an 'explanation' of how his quantum filters worked. There was no doubt that they did what they did, as the business partner, asking for the explanation, had found them from discussions on the internet, met with Jack Bybee, and was so impressed with what they did in his audio system (WATT-Puppies, etc) that he went into business with Jack to make complete modules containing them. He just wanted to write up something to put on brochures. Jack gave him some definitions and concepts to work with, and 'near superconductor' came out as one partial explanation. When I asked him what it meant, he said that it did NOT mean full superconductivity, but some of the characteristics that superconductors had, but not the zero impedance characteristic.
Now, all other stuff aside, Jack Bybee was a superconductor expert when he worked for Hughes. At that time, he was loaned out to Richard Feynman as a consultant to him on superconductivity. That is when Jack worked with Richard Feynman. If any of you had even bothered to talk to Jack Bybee some time in the last 15 years, you could have tested his knowledge on this subject, BUT neither SE or SY ever bothered. Those who have, know that he is for real, just like I do.
I just spoke to Jack, he is just fine, and thank goodness has finished his backlog. He can relax this weekend, IF the world doesn't end. I said I would rather watch the Preakness (sp) instead of the end of the world, but we are both open minded, you never know! '-)

Last edited:
Jack gave him some definitions and concepts to work with, and 'near superconductor' came out as one partial explanation. When I asked him what it meant, he said that it did NOT mean full superconductivity, but some of the characteristics that superconductors had, but not the zero impedance characteristic.

In other words, gibberish.

Now, all other stuff aside, Jack Bybee was a superconductor expert when he worked for Hughes.

Says who? Jack?

The guy who makes up gibberish terms like "near superconductivity"?

At that time, he was loaned out to Richard Feynman as a consultant to him on superconductivity. That is when Jack worked with Richard Feynman.

Says who? Jack?

The guy who makes up gibberish terms like "near superconductivity"?

If any of you had even bothered to talk to Jack Bybee some time in the last 15 years, you could have tested his knowledge on this subject, BUT neither SE or SY ever bothered.

So give SY his phone number.

Those who have, know that he is for real, just like I do.

And you know this how, exactly?

se

near room temp. SC Vs "near SC" ?

There does seem to be "near room temperature" superconductivity -
Superconductor World Record Surpasses 250K

Stick it in the freezer , it works.
Some Carbon nano tubes are in the same ballpark , but not technically superconductors (ultra low R).
And another one .. ultra ,ultra low resistance (near superconductivity AT room temp. - all relative) ... [1007.2736] Indications of room-temperature superconductivity at a metal-PZT interface
All just a bunch of flippin' word play to either discredit others or to get the "upper hand" commercially. :rolleyes:

OS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.