John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justcallmedad and dadod, I like both of your designs and am glad to see some here really putting out interesting schematics. Your circuits are very similar to what Charles Hansen and I put out for hi end audio products. Both of you are on the right track, and we ALL have differences in design preference, and that is what makes it interesting!

Thank you John for your opinion. I use that preamp more than four years with great satisfaction.
Damir

This is improved version, constant (almost) power on input jfets.

Attachments

• GainWire-300-b-memory-improved.jpg
    GainWire-300-b-memory-improved.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 214
Most of the people "came to the conclusion", that thay should blindly belive in what official science authorities tell them, so they belive that the monkeys are their distant relatives ,they also belive in big bang and other insane stories...
It's not all about, physics,measurements and science (censored and closed as it is now).

It always warms my dark, shriveled heart to see people rant and rave about science on an international, engineering- and technology-centric (ostensibly, at least), forum that's predicated on billions of man-hours in pursuit of the very technologies and science that made the infrastructure necessary for such a rant to even be possible.

I just feed off such irony.

Last edited:
It is interesting how people operate throughout the decades. It is almost always the same. Did most of you know that experts in the USA maintained that jet engines were impossible, even as the Germans and the British were making them? We like to bury our mistakes in opinion, but the same problem still goes on. Many people are comfortable with what they learned in college, and are open to little more. Oh well.

Did most of you know that experts in the USA maintained that jet engines were impossible, even as the Germans and the British were making them?

There are experts with vested interests on both sides of any issue. Considering British jets were patented (not secrets) with working models you would need to provide some reference as to what experts (probably had a lot to lose).

It's fun to ride the line of Clarke's 3 laws, but we're also wont to only remember the times when the experts are shown wrong. And oftentimes they're proven "wrong" years later as technology evolves.

That said, with audio it seems more people are hoping for their subjective pet theories to be true in the face of information that outmodes them...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.