John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I don't think so.

People vary in their sensitivity for to trying to detect cheats when information is limited. The intuition comes from System 1, of course. Some of that is needed, because cheats can be very harmful to society.

However, it is also System 1 that produces intuition about witches causing droughts. "Somehow I don't think this drought is just random chance."

So, while it's important to pay attention when suspicious things happen, it's also important to reasonably withhold judgement and avoid jumping to conclusions.

Some of that is needed, because cheats can be very harmful to society.

I don't think lies or cheats in the audio industry cause any harm to society only touch a few marks out of a little money.

Funny this week the head of MIT's autonomous vehicle group said that well now we need to teach them how to do a left turn maybe 10yr. maybe never without intervention. Talk about potential harm to society.

I don't think lies or cheats in the audio industry cause any harm to society only touch a few marks out of a little money.

Funny this week the head of MIT's autonomous vehicle group said that well now we need to teach them how to do a left turn maybe 10yr. maybe never without intervention. Talk about potential harm to society.

Regarding audio cheats, okay, but what System 1 thinks and what System 2 thinks are often inconsistent. And, some people certainly have been killed for cheating a few marks out of some money. Not that it's rational to do so, but intuitions and emotions aren't necessarily logical.

Regarding autonomous vehicles, unlike human cheaters natural selection hasn't had much opportunity to develop a lot of intuitions specific to them. But I would imagine that once human drivers are outlawed and cars wanting to turn left negotiate sequencing via radio with other vehicles in the area, overall traffic deaths will probably go down. In the meantime, the vehicles may have to do like a guy I used to know who didn't like left turns, go around the block to the right?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm sure that it's a language issue, just as Silmic capacitors boast of
superior compass.

I don't know about the Silmics, but in my humble experience marketeers are generally smarter, sometimes MUCH smarter, than we think.

OTOH I remember a Sony high-end equipment series from maybe 70-ies or 80-ies which sported on their faceplate the motto 'Extremely Standard'.

I always wondered about that; I think I understand what they were trying to plant in our collective minds but for me it came across as 'Very Bog Standard, Nothing Special'.
It was expensive too.

Jan

Joined 2002
Paid Member
It was "Extremely High Standard"
:)
George

Attachments

• sony.PNG
    sony.PNG
    139.8 KB · Views: 255
what's shown looks like adequate phase margin at the ulgf

but you don't show high enough f to see the gain margin and the phase seems too flat in the last few octaves without some gain peaking in the next to pull it up

Of course, sorry. This one is extended to 100MHz, but I assume that the real world parts may differ in that area. I will see soon.

Attachments

• loopgain_100M.PNG
    loopgain_100M.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 241
Of course, sorry. This one is extended to 100MHz, but I assume that the real world parts may differ in that area. I will see soon.

Thank you. I was wondering about that. Parts and layout both affect modeling accuracy if only low frequency models are available or used. It would be interesting to see how your measurements turn out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.