John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circuit board dielectrics? Common and dufferential mode noise? Line filters? Diode noise? Discrete versus IC?
Sorry guys you've lost it. Real advances are being made while you argue nuances.

Audio Magic Beeswax Premiere SUPER Fuse | highend-electronics, inc.

OMG ... I can just pot my whole input stages with beezwax and forget
about PPM. Cool. I'll just create a large hive to push my designs into the 21'st century.
Actually ,since selfie taking self absorbed clients are dominant , this might be
a better route. "zero distortion"and other real world factors are back seat to
facades that make deceptive people mo' money.

When I'm through , 5 dollar input stages will drive 30 dollar output stages
and force fancy pants deceptors out from beneath their rocks trying to match
40 dollar 10 PPM amps.
Power to the poor people.
OS

Circuit board dielectrics? Common and dufferential mode noise? Line filters? Diode noise? Discrete versus IC?
Sorry guys you've lost it. Real advances are being made while you argue nuances.

Audio Magic Beeswax Premiere SUPER Fuse | highend-electronics, inc.

I'll let you know how well they work as soon as my set of fuses comes in. Thank you for citing this product. Saves so much time over having to try all those variants and making precise measurements. :).

Demian, I am sure you are just jealous that you didn't make such a major breakthrough in audio reproduction. As to hazards this is clearly a step up from a solid silver slug replacing the fuse.

When I measured power line modulation from fuse resistance at 1/2 amp the maximum resistance non-linearity occurred. I recall it could go as high as 2 ohmish just before failure. So it is great to know someone has solved that less than 1% line voltage issue.

Max you asked about low frequency AC power line noise. It is there and it is caused by motors on the line. A high quality motor may be rated for 1720 RPM on a 60 Hz line. That is because of "slippage" from the 1800 RPM that should happen. That leaves a bit of modulation at 80 cycles per minute.

I am sure the beeswax in the fuse will help smooth out the problem.

Thanks again for the cite.

SY should I get some for you too?

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
As a materials scientist/physicist I am sure SY understands the value of these devices.

I just wish he'd now step up and acknowledge the fact that gold plated fuses are also very good - I've noticed a remarkable improvement in the highs (very airy) and a more solidified bass (especially below 50 Hz)

I'll be ordering the Bybees at the end of the month after I get my oak cable lifters (the myrtle ones are not as good I have found, despite the Sandman's findings.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Paraffin has a lower dielectric constant and lower DA than beeswax. These guys need some help with materials selection.

SY, SY, SY,

Such a bias. It just might be (bee?) that the higher dielectric constant and soakage are the secret to the fuses.

Be sure to give me a list of the sizes you need.

Now a bit more than 20 years ago at the NSCA (pro audio) convention the buzz was all about the need for gold fuses as they had not hit the market yet. The issues were where to incorporate and stash the money from what would certainly be seen as a breakthrough by some truly special individuals.

It was certainly impressively pleasing to see others actually introduce the product to the market a few years later and see the acceptance of the product, that was obvious to one skilled in the art.

(True story)

Marce I am afraid of the negative personal vibes you are giving off. Try to cut down a bit on the heavy metal (more than 1/2 oz. copper) and try a bit of serious classical music. But stay away from Wagner.

So for once we may be reaching a consensus.

I do appreciate all the suggestions as to the testable variations. I will start saving earwax to make a thorough test. Expect to see the results in LA very soon.

(LA = Loony Audio)

Last edited:
And I just found out I won a prestigious award!

"
Edward Simon & Company. has been selected for the 2016 Best of Pittsburgh Awards for Water.

For details and more information please view our website:
2016 Best of Pittsburgh Awards - Water

If you are unable to view the link above, please copy and paste the following into your web browser:
More About Your Award

Best Regards,

Pittsburgh Business Recognition"

Marce I am afraid of the negative personal vibes you are giving off. Try to cut down a bit on the heavy metal (more than 1/2 oz. copper) and try a bit of serious classical music. But stay away from Wagner.

Not really, maybe you should read some of JC's posts for a negative vibe towards us unwashed... As to the rest he pops up regular on many threads supporting the true believers even when the claims are ridiculous, I am just a Yang to His Ying or visa versa... Maybe a Beeswax Bybee next:D

Status
Not open for further replies.