John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Conti is quite an interesting fella.
(I'll tell what the J stands for another time)

Attachments

• ESP.jpg
    ESP.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 212
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Easiest to sell to preconceived notions than reeducate people in reality. Kind of a sad statement about our industry reminds one of politicians.

I remember a CES with bare copper power cords roped off so people wouldn't touch them. Must not have lived with children or animals.

This is a good way to travel...

Hi Joel

This is a nice way to travel in Oz, this eats up the road and every Aussie recognises it. They don't make anything like it elsewhere:

attachment.php

Just picked this one up on Wednesday - it's been a good week. Put Elsinores in that back, will travel - down Federal Highway later this month, a place known as Canberra.

Cheers, Joe

Attachments

• SV6.jpg
    SV6.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Arms can make a difference.
Yes, it is part of a electro-mechanical transducer. Like any microphone or speaker, each has his own signature.
It is fun to play with those colors for getting the ones you prefer.

As a sound engineer, I had to listen to my own work and the ones of others the most transparent way as possible, reason why I was so happy to get rid of all this junk with digital, that brought the ability to ear the exact colors that the musicians / producers / engineers had produced.
As much you enjoy very colorful pieces of gear, when you produce a record, using them as a painter use his colors, as much you need a very neutral monitoring system to can ensure the result on the master tape will be the one you listen-to during the mix sessions.

Yes unwanted sound. Every other arm I have tried has some the Vector doesn't.
I haven't found a record it won't track. The basics are right and the details, gotta respect a man who manufactures his own belts to .0001".

This arm/cart combo is mechanical also dead quiet and i never found limits in tracking.

Attachments

• Silver Spirit 011.jpg
    Silver Spirit 011.jpg
    873.5 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.