John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use these 40 step resistive attenuators. They're quite nice and have a feel as good or better than the Seiden switches. They've eliminated the wiper contact by using a highly flexible wire.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

se

I am imagining the mechanism, and it sounds like an interesting idea. You could probably even mod it into a stock pot. I'll have to try that...

Last edited:
...Pease's book on analog troubleshooting should be required reading for anyone putting their hands into a piece of electronics.

Troubleshooting-Analog-Circuits-Pease.jpg

If I was a circuit, I'd behave!

http://www.amazon.com/Troubleshooting-Analog-Circuits-Series-Engineers/dp/0750694998

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
As I usually do, I pick up specific test equipment to learn and see what affects this/that have then get rid of it. For jitter, I have on order the Yokogawa TA320. It will measure jitter and give a distribution plot.... down to +/- 100pSec full scale. I will see what i have and how to improve it.... also what makes it worse and how much worse. Enough about what perfect communications theory and other such ideal conditions and the like says. I'm sure to learn a lot about all sorts of things with it re jitter.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
As I usually do, I pick up specific test equipment to learn and see what affects this/that have then get rid of it. For jitter, I have on order the Yokogawa TA320. It will measure jitter and give a distribution plot.... down to +/- 100pSec full scale.
I'd love to see what you will find out with it. I had TA320 for some time but wasn't completely satisfied with it - not enough resolution for my needs. I later upgraded to TA520 (still have it), but it also doesn't have enough resolution to measure jitter in tens of pSec range.

Status
Not open for further replies.