John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, but I can read a book, JN, that quotes 'experts' from many centuries. You perhaps belong in it. '-)

Don't ever forget, history is written by the victors. I note you have placed the descriptor experts in these puppies ' '. Meaning you do not consider them experts??

Anybody can write a book promoting whatever ideals they hold.

Same applies to white papers and non peer reviewed magazine articles, and web forums.

jn

So you don't trust footnoted 'books' either?

By footnoted I assume you mean quotes?

As I said before, history is written by the victor.

Black and white in a book, on a forum, or in an audio publication does not guarantee accuracy.

Somebody writes that near superconductivity is the explanation, I hold that statement up to my personal experience and that of my friends, and find it wanting.

Same with micro-diodes.

Same with skin effect.

Having an "open mind" does not mean empty it of all knowledge first, for more room available for stupidity. Thinking is involved.

jn

30 years ago, I was assigned an engineering position in a medical equipment company, and they gave me 'interesting' assignments that I had not had previous exposure to. What to do?
Just hit the books? Well, I reached out to my colleagues at the time, two being Scott Wurcer and Richard Marsh.
I spent a lot of time on the phone with these guys and they would fill me in on what I had no experience on.
I remember Scott being extremely helpful in giving me data of how to properly bypass a wide band amplifier, and in return I would talk audio with him, as well as others, as my 'payment' in return.
Well, while I got my assignments done on time, my office room-mate turned me in to the bosses, accusing me of wasting time on the phone. However, without their help, I could not have done my assignments as well or as quickly, so I felt justified in conversing with them.
What do you learn from this website? You pontificate a great deal about what you know, but what have you learned that would make your time here, during working hours, useful to YOUR employer?

Attachments

• the bow.jpg
    the bow.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
What do you learn from this website? You pontificate a great deal about what you know, but what have you learned that would make your time here, during working hours, useful to YOUR employer?

I presume that was addressed to JN but then again who knows for sure :confused:

Who are you to to ask why JN or anyone else is online here during work anyway?:rolleyes:
If the work is getting done then he can stand on his head and whistle the Blue Danube for all his boss cares more than likely.

I presume that was addressed to JN but then again who knows for sure :confused:

Who are you to to ask why JN or anyone else is online here during work anyway?:rolleyes:
If the work is getting done then he can stand on his head and whistle the Blue Danube for all his boss cares more than likely.

What's it to you? Are you a public defender?

If JN feels that was wrong, he is quite capable of defending himself.

What's it to you? Are you a public defender?

If JN feels that was wrong, he is quite capable of defending himself.

What's it to you? Are you JC's defender? I'm sure he can answer posts addressed to himself :D

You did notice I included "anyone else" in my original statement?
Now see how silly your comment was? Anyone has the right to post their opinions on here so cool your jets. :soapbox:

Status
Not open for further replies.