John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The initial problem that I see immediately is that on LinkedIn alone there are 25 people using that name Steve Eddy. Who knows which person Mark Levinson is even talking about? How do you prove who made a comment unless you have an IP address to go with it?

I don't think this is the forum to try and figure out a legal matter, could just make things worse and point to the incorrect person who made the original statements in question.

Will the real se standup ... :)

"Hey Srajan. I know you've been boinking that skinny Crystal chick for a while. But, there's this new skinny girl in town. And she's only wearing the sheerest of silk kimonos. I can arrange a date. She's all hot and so ready for you..." - Steve Eddy

Regular participants at the Asylum -- hell, even posters on the long-gone The Audiophile Network that netted Stereophile some of its popular writers -- will recognize Steve Eddy as a well-informed, humorous and sharp-shooting audiophile. What not all may know is that he's been working for the Coda-Continuum Group of Sacramento in various functions for years, an employment that just recently ended for a change of pace.
-6 moons

Steve Eddy
Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
http://www.head-fi.org/t/616195/the...amplifier-co-s-emac-515se-headphone-amplifier

Last edited:
Really I thought better of you. The Bybee stuff is a side show, you are not that stupid, I for one am on your side.
Hi Scott.
So none of us understand how the Bybee devices work, but that does not mean that it does not have some kind of effect, advantageous or otherwise.
I have spoken to a Bybee owner, and he spoke highly of the sonic effects.
This guy is not stupid, has lived long term with all manner of equipment (buys/tries/sells most, keeps some), and is long past any expectation bias issues.

Indeed I have a removable device that clamps around cables and effects sonics of any system that I/others have trialled it on.
Systems trialled range from car audio, home AV, mid-fi, high-end, club PA, club DJ, through to major stadium PA systems.

A while back I treated the multicore of a 20,000 seat venue PA.
At the end of the third song, Axel Rose paused, looked straight at the FOH engineer and said ''Wally, is there something you're not telling me, this is the best sound I've ever had'' !!!.
During rehearsals, Neil Young's guitar techs had the same kind of words to say when used on NJ's guitar rig.

I don't have a theory explanation for this device/technique as yet, but I do find that anybody can hear the effect and reports favourably, and also describes the sonic changes in the same terms without any prompting.

I think all agree that the Bybee advertising/stories is a load of rot, but the same can be said for many other kinds of tweaks, be they automotive, health, etc, etc etc, the list is endless.

Scott, why don't you voyage to JC's house and take a listen for yourself ?.
I for one would very much like to audition JC's systems, and draw my own conclusions about the efficacy of the Bybee devices.
Heck, I might show him something out of left field myself !.

Dan.

Thanks, I am very well aware of the inexperienced touting dogmatic 'proofs'....sad really, but it's all water off a duck's back to me.

I have in the past week purchased the last of test gear required in order to accurately measure/characterise what is going on.
I do have first person connections/access to some seriously big heavyweight manufacturers of worldwide AV/audio products, and worldwide live audio production companies/artists also.
There are more than a few waiting for the final product.
With measured proofs, the Dogma adherents might yet learn something new.

Dan.

Last edited:
...and is long past any expectation bias issues.

Only if he's not actually a human.

Indeed I have a removable device that clamps around cables and effects sonics of any system that I/others have trialled it on.
Systems trialled range from car audio, home AV, mid-fi, high-end, club PA, club DJ, through to major stadium PA systems.

A while back I treated the multicore of a 20,000 seat venue PA.
At the end of the third song, Axel Rose paused, looked straight at the FOH engineer and said ''Wally, is there something you're not telling me, this is the best sound I've ever had'' !!!.
During rehearsals, Neil Young's guitar techs had the same kind of words to say when used on NJ's guitar rig.

I don't have a theory explanation for this device/technique as yet, but I do find that anybody can hear the effect and reports favourably, and also describes the sonic changes in the same terms without any prompting.

Things become clearer.

Only if he's not actually a human.
Spend enough time around experienced studio or live sound guys and you will soon learn appearances, cost, measurements, reviews don't mean squat to them.
Further, these guys don't own the gear, so investment is not an issue.
Unlike many (inexperienced) domestic audiophiles, these guys don't care a damn about the above parameters....if it sounds good they will say so, if it doesn't then out the door it goes, simple as that.
Things become clearer.
Please explain.

Dan.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Spend enough time around experienced studio or live sound guys and you will soon learn appearances, cost, measurements, reviews don't mean squat to them.
Further, these guys don't own the gear, so investment is not an issue.
Unlike many (inexperienced) domestic audiophiles, these guys don't care a damn about the above parameters....if it sounds good they will say so, if it doesn't then out the door it goes, simple as that.

Please explain.

Dan.

This ******** of the first order Dan.

There are enough crap MP3 recordings nowadays that stand witness to this.

A few artists standout, but they are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.