John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Eye halve a spelling chequer. It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marques four my revue miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word and weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write. It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid. It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite. Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it. I am shore your pleased two no.
Its letter perfect in it's weight. My chequer tolled me sew.

Sauce Unknown

Superb!!!!

:D

Are you knackered today, feel like a pillock and need something to be gobsmacked by? Come to London, get on the pisss, become arseholed drunk, then watch the crowd having a butchers at you *) and mind the comments about septic *) - that's about you, bloody yank.

*) cockney rhyming slang
Once you have drunk Irishman under the table where the sport in that ?

Gave my Jaguar XJ6 to a friend and never looked back! You need to hire a mechanic full time when you own one of those cars. They will leak oil no matter what you do and it is only a matter of time before the head will need to come off to change the head gasket. Beautiful cars with terrible mechanics and worse electronics.

Gave my Jaguar XJ6 to a friend and never looked back! You need to hire a mechanic full time when you own one of those cars. They will leak oil no matter what you do and it is only a matter of time before the head will need to come off to change the head gasket. Beautiful cars with terrible mechanics and worse electronics.

Jags have come along way since then and frankly they weren't bad even back then , Ferrari's were worst ....

The Jag could never touch a Mercedes for handling and ride, and as far as quality they weren't even in the same league. Had a BMW not long ago and again not even a contest with the Mercedes, at least the higher models that is for sure. BMW's look nice and they fall apart, that is my experience with a 2006 325.

Have to disagree and i said BMW's drive better not better built. You don't want any mercedes out of warranty , believe dat ....

:

A.Wayne,
I know what you mean about dealer service on the Mercedes but that is the same on the BMW. I took care of the Mercedes myself. if I needed to I would get whatever special tools that I didn't already own. I hated the ride in the BMW and it took me awhile to figure out what it was, it was the run flat tires. I would rather get a flat than have to drive with those things, they really ruin the ride, it was like being on a solid tire, which it basically is. And don't get me started about the terrible seats, I wish it had the optional Recaro seats, they are much better than the stock seats.

I took a just fully dealer serviced BMW 325 to France a few years ago. Going down into a gorge the brakes went and the pad backing scored the discs very badly. It was a hairy ride. Next morning took it to local dealer who renewed all pads and rear discs in 2 hours. Total cost: 270 Euros. Same job in UK (London) estimated at UK£ 720!!! It was my last BM and I returned to Audi 3l Quattros - also expensive in UK for parts and labour, but far more reliable and take more punishment...and have Recaro seats!!!

It was a low mileage lease back car. I don't know who's radio was in the car, never paid any attention to it, it sounded okay, nothing special but I have never heard any factory system that was very good anyway in any car I have been in. The Bluetooth was nice for the cell phone though. Not sure if they still use the Blaupunkt or Becker sound systems in the cars, my Mercedes had the Becker. Radio sounded good as long as you weren't moving in the Mercedes!

Status
Not open for further replies.