John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow and flutter, jitter, Doppler modulation etc. Personally I like to avoid M.U.D. (Magically Unmeasureable Distortion)

I had to get rid of my gold stash. Just too hard to move and the leprechauns kept trying to get it back. Also the D rainbow kept me awake at night.

LP wow and flutter are pretty easy to measure, and pretty bad too. What, ran out of Lucky Charms?

why it works

TGD suggests a possible explanation of phenomenon in terms of closely related concepts of exotic atom and charged wormhole. The concept of exotic atom in turn relies on the concept of many sheeted spacetime. Exotic atom is formed when one or more outer valence electrons of ordinary atom are dropped from atomic spacetime sheet to a ’larger’ spacetime sheet, now spacetime sheet with a form of DNA helix. As a consequence, charged wormholes feeding the em gauge flux to the larger spacetime sheet are also generated. Electrons in larger spacetime sheet could be delocalized and this could lead to a smaller ground state energy. What is important is that the electrons on the larger spacetime sheet move effectively in empty spacetime and therefore electric current can flow freely without resistance.

Charged wormholes could provide also a mechanism of superconductivity: photons are replaced with the excitations of wormhole BE condensate in this mechanism. It is however too early to say whether super conductivity is really in question and even whether this superconductivity mechanism really works.

In the experimental arrangements of Barton typically donors and acceptors of electrons are Rh and Ru atoms. Both have 5s unpaired electron and this electron would drop on the larger spacetime sheet from the atomic spacetime sheet and induce electric current. Some colleagues of Barton did not observe the effect when using organic molecules as donors. A possible explanation is that these molecules are such that their valence electrons cannot drop on lower spacetime sheet (it is not energetically favourable, they could be paired, for instance). Oftentimes, and parenthetically, it has been shown that the concepts implicit within show little relevance to stasis theoretical constructs; henceforth negating prior art wrt modeling DNA behavior between interconnects

I like this bit, should get a few people going ...

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]It was called, “That which issues from the mouth of the creator.” The spittle. Not the word of God, but the spittle. Or the semen of the father in heaven. If you put the white powder in water, it doesn’t really disolve. It forms this gelatinous suspension, and looks just like a vial of semen. Being a Farmer, I know what semen looks like.[/FONT]

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Turn off all reasoning facilities and just soak it in,

:up:

LP wow and flutter are pretty easy to measure, and pretty bad too. What, ran out of Lucky Charms?

Reality as perceived by the senses, can be pleasing but deceiving.
Usually, that’s OK for me but I find it is educative (and most amusing) to watch a woman doing her early morning make-up ritual. :)

George

PS. If you have any interest to see some more ugly looks that these spectrums here
unveil, tell me.

>Edit: Re turntable speed stability, have a read here (long thread):
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70027

Last edited:
Whats the magic number, when does it become audible ....
It depends on both the source material and the spectrum of the pitch instability. No one "magic" number. See, for example, Kollmeier, Brand, and Meyer's chapter in the Springer Handbook of Speech Processing.

You can experiment with it yourself by taking some digital files and modulating the pitch with editing software.

Whats the magic number, when does it become audible ....

My personal opinion is that it can not be made inaudible (in the context of the LP listening habits of most of the folks here) by any reasonable effort. It is part and parcel an integral part of the experience. You forget maybe, I have lots of LP's that I totally enjoy the way they are and plenty of 44.1/16 CD's too. I'm not the one complaining.

I'm not sure if a vaccum hold down for warpage and an auto centering platter would improve things enough, but at some level these things become very esoteric and expensive. I don't think many here use this amount of effort in their LP setups.

So run a test LP on your TT and send it to George or me and see if it is measurably better. The .56 Hz modulations are very hard to reduce. What's the magic number where euphonic turns to annoying?

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
So run a test LP on your TT and send it to George or me and see if it is measurably better. The .56 Hz modulations are very hard to reduce.

The good news is that a test record is not needed. Not even an FFT analysis.

We can observe the effects, estimate the relevant amplitudes and extract the frequencies, only by recording a lead-in groove from any vinyl record we have. See attachments

It is part and parcel an integral part of the experience. You forget maybe, I have lots of LP's that I totally enjoy the way they are and plenty of 44.1/16 CD's too. I'm not the one complaining.
What's the magic number where euphonic turns to annoying?

Some more observations on these (the bad news) I hope to type later.

George

Attachments

• 1 Lead-in groove general.JPG
    1 Lead-in groove general.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 2 Mono scratch excitation.JPG
    2 Mono scratch excitation.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.