John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cop:

Key, this forum thrives on objective discussion of audio. At the moment, your comments are anything but, and if you want anyone here to take you seriously you would be well advised to rethink your attitude. By all means point out if you think someone has got things wrong, but you need to do so from a solid base, i.e give details of your system and what specifically you have done to address the issue under debate. Otherwise you just sound like a troll.

How am I trolling? Every time this thread gets upped one of you guys has my name on your tongue giving me advice in a really nasty tone. What did I say that was so out of line? JC said some blanket statement about high priced items. I asked well what if the lower priced one measures in every conceivable way better? You guys want me to put up a real world system so you can make fun of it or pick it apart but JC didn't put up a real system and neither did bear. I don't see how I am trolling I have tried to just step away silently from this thread how many times now? You guys really need to chill out. And if you don't like what I said just ignore it. I've seen JC go through this forum calling ANYONE who doesn't agree with his own views ignorant yet I don't see any warnings about him trolling. Seems to me he has been much more offensive in terms of respecting the truth and he has done absolutely nothing to earn any respect from me or anyone who is only casually familiar with his work and doesn't know him.

If you guys truly wanted to test my opinion then you would give me a system to beat. I can't beat a system at the fraction of the cost if I don't have something to work from.

Last edited:
John,
If I remember correctly, the servos designs by you which were copied, or emulated here, do 2 different things. 1 is to compare the outputs DC levels to the ground level and keep the outputs DC at ground level. The second is to compare end equalize the DC level between the 2 outputs.

Now, once both outputs DC level is kept at the ground DC level, why is it necessary to compare and equalize the DC level between the 2 outputs?

Key,
What makes a sound system being a good one and what makes a sound system being a mediocre one, or a poor one? This question refers to both view points, that of a listener and that of a designer.

Hey Joshua,

Don't think this is the best thread to get into it. I don't feel like getting into a back and forth today and it seems obvious to me that any contrary opinion in this thread to JC or bears will be deemed "objectively" ignorant one way or another.

Don't think this is the best thread to get into it......

Agreed!!

Why not start a new thread putting forward your approach to obtaining the most excellent reproduction quality imaginable?

I think your signature quotation is very apt....it certainly indicates your demonstrated approach to this subject very well indeed!

PMA.

Agreed; perhaps a specific aspect of design/topology/construction should be considered and the "Mods" be asked to police the thread to keep it somewhere near the subject.

Last edited:
Why not start a new thread putting forward your approach to obtaining the most excellent reproduction quality imaginable?

I think your signature quotation is very apt....it certainly indicates your demonstrated approach to this subject very well indeed!

Haha you realize who I am quoting right? I am quoting it because I find it kinda ironic.

All I wanted to do was have some informal conversation about gear. What does anyone do on these forums?

Last edited:
Sorry to mess up the thread. You do realize though that the constant quoting of me and asking me question in a tone that is far from civil is much more disruptive to the thread than anything I posted? I'll say it again if it's off topic or I offend any of you that much by my opinion than why don't you just ignore it? It's really that simple.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I tried to get Jan Lohstroh to contribute here, but I don't think that he as impressed or amused by the tone, here.
As I said, many pages ago, that when things calmed down here, I would try to talk about servos, and other topics, hoping to impart some understanding about the subject.
The problem appears similar to what happens to reporters when they are trying to make a documentary, with a lot of people about. Some people come, virtually out of nowhere, to mug for the camera. just so they can be noticed by others. This does slow down the process, and makes it difficult to stay on track, when the moderators take no notice and effectively encourage this.

Can you give me a specific of why I am trolling? Because I disagreed with JC and then when someone came in with a tone that wasn't anything close to being civil and you wonder why I don't want to play along? I took a swipe at him but what you don't realize is he has done the same on a mass scale to others in different threads.

Sorry I know a loaded situation when I see one. I have no desire to defend myself to bear or JC .

And am I mugging for the camera or do you guys just have your teeth stripped and are out for blood? I have tried to dead this stupid back and forth by just walking away day after day and what do you know you guys just can't help yourself and you keep questioning me further. You want me to explain myself but at the same time you say it's off topic and you don't want to hear it. The whole situation is loaded and I have actually tried to be somewhat nice by acknowledging questions which really aren't worth my time judging from the attitude of the people asking the questions.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I tried to get Jan Lohstroh to contribute here, but I don't think that he as impressed or amused by the tone, here.
As I said, many pages ago, that when things calmed down here, I would try to talk about servos, and other topics, hoping to impart some understanding about the subject.
The problem appears similar to what happens to reporters when they are trying to make a documentary, with a lot of people about. Some people come, virtually out of nowhere, to mug for the camera. just so they can be noticed by others. This does slow down the process, and makes it difficult to stay on track, when the moderators take no notice and effectively encourage this.

Jan is a member here so maybe he will be back.

Anyway talk about servos if you like; maybe a good idea would be not to answer any other posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.