John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my colleagues about 10 years ago drove Buick. Once on freeway he saw a spare wheel from SUV fell down, rolling and jumping on the road. He hit brakes, but it was too late. His car hit the wheel, jumped up, flew few meters and landed back rotating around. When it stopped he discovered that his car's wheels turned 90 degrees horizontally, unlike in the movies when cars after such jumps continue running. :D

The organic lettuce I buy has no insects, it is individual leaves washed and packed.
I care about my health, I don't care at all about kosher. To my view, if there is God, He/She/It should take care of me, not vice versa.

Good for you Joshua, I myself think Kosher is just one instance of primitive guidelines to prevent food borne disease/illness like Halal and others.

With the advantage of travelling the planet for many years -- I have seen with my own eye... global warming. Two months ago, i was up in Alaska when there should be snow and still raining. Looking for galcers falling into the ocean et all. Nothing there -- i might as well have stayed in california. No rain and no snow anywhere to be seen but a patch here and there from months earlier. Had a short light winter -- that far north. Wasnt always like that. Did not see any animals at all. No bears even. It has changed in just one generation.
But it might not really be a warming trend that did it. (?)

Last year I was in the Hymalyian country of Nepal ... same thing... less snow. I was in Thailand during the flooding rains and was just able to get out of the city as the floods approached and cut my trip short. That level of weather change had never been seen before.

Something real is happening with the weather and it is related to warming. Only debate is what is causing it. natural or man made or combination of both.

As SY pointed out, that's weather not climate ... and an anecdote to boot.

And as SY also pointed out, I'm amazed so many people don't know the difference and don't have basic knowledge about AGW ... 'cause, y'know it seems important.

Last edited:
Before systemic pesticides lettuce was not kosher as you could never get all the insect parts out of it. Now it is considered kosher, but should that apply to organic lettuce? Do you ever find insects in it? If not why not?

Just like lead in water is bad so what do we do now that instrumentation is available to do parts per trillion. On careful inspection there are insect hairs on probably every bite we eat. The guys that wrote the Book of Leviticus did not anticipate this technology.

Now we do disagree on the waveform that music presents. I did have a group here laughing when I mentioned to them there are folks arguing that music can be considered periodic and modeled by Fourier series.

Ed arguing these misunderstandings, is a waste of time. Fourier analysis presupposes some basic requirements on the data, if these are met the equivalence of the frequency domain and time domain representations are always valid. Over several conversations it has become clear your laughing friends have a basic lack of understanding of the underlying theory.

Also, Indian vegetarians suffer here in USA because vegetarian diet does not have essential animal proteins it had in India traditionally.

Why would Indian vegetarians suffer in the US? I seem to have no problem, despite being non-Indian. The variety and availability of excellent vegetarian food is greater here than any other place in the world.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
As SY pointed out, that's weather not climate ... and an anecdote to boot.

And as SY also pointed out, I'm amazed so many people don't know the difference and don't have basic knowledge about AGW ... 'cause, y'know it seems important.

Therefore there is no warming?! Is that it?

Find something else (tangents) when you cant answere the issue directly - head on??

[yes i know the difference. geee they seem to be loosly related.... maybe a weak correlation can be found]

Last edited:
Since I'm alive and kicking, perhaps that's not the case.:D

I hope you have good musculature to support regeneration of cells of blood and vital organs, before you understand that some proteins that human body needs can't be produced from strictly vegetarian diet. It is the main difference between people and cattle, but even cattle eats grass with insects on it.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Maybe they'd watched too many TV shows where people fire handguns indoors, with no hearing protection, and converse immediately afterwards. What could go wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

Having just shot three rats in my chicken coop last night I advise ear plugs. I did it once without! The chickens eat lizards but not rats? I think we shouldn't eat rats maybe the chickens know something.

I hope you have good musculature to support regeneration of cells of blood and vital organs, before you understand that some proteins that human body needs can't be produced from strictly vegetarian diet.

I've managed to get by without eating dead animal flesh for 50 years or so and seem to get around OK. It must be quite the delayed effect.

Having just shot three rats in my chicken coop last night I advise ear plugs. I did it once without! The chickens eat lizards but not rats? I think we shouldn't eat rats maybe the chickens know something.

Wayne, something is going on here in California. Our dogs caught 2 rats during last week. It did not happen before, only a cat used to bring mice and birds.

You'll know for sure when you get sick/ill and then how fast you recover or heal - if at all.

About the usual. Only time I got sick more often than usual was the year my son started preschool. Those brats were all little virus bags and my kid was a perfect vector- that winter, I caught a series of bugs, and I'd be just recovered from one and another one would hit. I don't think eating a few hamburgers would have changed that.

Good for you Joshua, I myself think Kosher is just one instance of primitive guidelines to prevent food borne disease/illness like Halal and others.

There are many views about Kosher.
All views are legitimate, all views are but views.
All matters pertaining to religion and religious laws and rules cannot be proved, as they cannot be disproved, by scientific means.
There is an ancient saying in Hebrew "Tzadik Be'emunato yikhye", meaning, "The righteous one lives by one's belief". The implied meaning is that it's legitimate for each to live by one's beliefs, or by one's own views.

Personally I don't find much practical use for laws which are helpful to 'primitive' people, or 'primitive' way of living, when there is no correlation to modern way of living.

(Was God that short-sighted)?

Status
Not open for further replies.