JLH 10 Watt class A amplifier

saved as .gif... hardly readelble but this is the one I was talking about..

Attachments

• p1.gif
    p1.gif
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,032
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Thanks tschrama and geoff.

Geoff do you know where i could find any info on those two preamps you mention. Mine might have been the earlier one as i had seen it being sold for 2 3 years before i had saved enough to purchase it. I was only 15 at the time, had to mow plenty of lawns at that time.

homemodder said:
Thanks tschrama and geoff.

Geoff do you know where i could find any info on those two preamps you mention. Mine might have been the earlier one as i had seen it being sold for 2 3 years before i had saved enough to purchase it. I was only 15 at the time, had to mow plenty of lawns at that time.

I have both articles. Email me and I will scan them for you.

:D My apologies to all, in particular TimA, re; 802 output devices, wherein l almost accused this gentleman of misleading me about the use of these devices, in an earlier version of his jlh amp, it seems l confused his amp with one built by Nick Gibbs, who [ having gone back to geoffs site l discovered was in fact the person who built his first version of the jlh circuit with MJ802's ]........ so my question regarding these devices should have been addressed to him, if he posts here at all though frankly, having read most of this thread through from one end to the other, l do'nt recall his name being mentioned anywhere except here now by yours truly:att'n: so once again, thanks to all who bothered to read my ramblings... including this one.... and post a reply
cheers :D T.C.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Thanks Geoff
Got the files perfect, now im a little more confused to which preamp it could have been as looking at the schematics of the first preamp which I assume is the one I had because of the dates, Im wondering how it managed to sound so good, maybe the implementation. I need to have a closer look. Jlh was brilliant and i learned some wonderful things from him since i was a teenager, especially on compensating amps, one can make Self styled amps sound like a million dollars. ;) :D :D

Thanks again

Alex

I have been occupied with family and children, and now is time for some DIY again. So now I'm lokking forward to finish the JLH amp.

And I have some questions:
What transformer will be suitable for the 2x10W (2 output transistors) version, with capacitance multiplier, 22-0-22V or 18-0-18V?
In the capacitance multiplier will it be a good idea to increase C7 and C8, to for example 2200uF, instead of 1000uF?