JL AMp E1400d Repair Help Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi my name is Joey i'm new here perry babbin help me out on the punch 60 ix amp to trouble shoot i have here is a JL E1400D model amp it power on green light lit and there is no protect light on. But i have vary vary little clean sound coming out of the outputs with gain 1/2 way up. tested it with my volt meter and i got 0.06v. i open the amp up seen nothing wrong. turn it on and i see a bunch of LED green lights. there are four on and on the driver board there are a set of four in a row which are not on, when the amp is powered up. i'm stuck and willing to learn on these amps i saw another thread on here regarding amp model JL E model 4ch regarding same problem about the op amps where all blown he replace them 4 and now that amp works, but i dunno what the op amps look like, any help would be great thank you

ok this is freakin bs b/c i'm asking for help i c everybody else and getting anwsers if i knew where the damn rectifiers were and power supply fet were i wouldn't be asking for help to trouble shoot them. does the amp need power to test them or can i test them with the power off?

I suggest reading if you haven't; Perry's pages (in his sig line) he so graciously offers to those people with no or very little knowledge of electronics or amp repair.

If you post a photo of the amps pc board someone may circle the parts you are to check.

As for most of us this is a hobby and don't hold all the answers. I have not worked on any JL products yet, but could help if you are willing to help yourself.

Post a photo and do some reading.

k thank you for some advise i dont have cam to take pix but here is what i done the amp model is a JL Audio E1400D perry said to check the center legs recterfired and power supply FET. my ? was are the power supply FET the ones mounted on the heatsink? and where is the recterfired located on the board?

Find the transformer, larger wire wound part on the board. The PS fets are located on the heat sink near it, could be one side or both. The rectifiers are located at the end of the PS fets. Try a Google search for this amp under pics or ampguts.com. Rectifiers are marked sometimes ->|

superjoey01:
You have to realize that not everyone here can answer your question and the ones that can answer your question have other things to do (work, sleep...) besides sitting at their computers. In some instances, no one here will be able to help and just because no one replies, it doesn't mean that no one wants to help.

The rectifier is D18. The power supply FETs are the 8 FETs in the groups with Q48, 50, 51.

If you need to remove the clamps:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-...sistor-clamps.html?postid=1317683#post1317683

Joey,

I did see your PM earlier today but just didnt know how to respond in a helpful way. I've not seen this style of amp before but can tell you that at least the JL Slash series and xTant varients are some of the more complex amps around. My guess is this amp is your personal one which is understandable if you want/need it working. If you are really starting to get into fixing amps then you might want to start easy; say with a Kenwood or Pioneer, followed by some Class-AB amps. Even the junky amps get fixed on my bench (cost permitting) for learning purposed. Trust me you will learn much as you go.

Part of the rewarding experience in fixing amps has got to be the entire process. This community has always been a real help, but much of the success from this community comes from your involvement too. Sometimes its important to be descriptive, and other times its best to just step back and come back to the amp at a later time with a fresh head. Sometimes the repair works, but other times it'll blow up in your face :0 Dont give up learning is what I'm trying to say.

Thank you for letting me understand im sorry for getting a little upset, yes it is my personal amp and thank you perry for pointing out what to look for maybe when i start looking for those parts and trace out the board it will come together. do i test the parts while the power is on or off?

here are Q49 results

hi perry i tested Q49 and here is the results

Attachments

• Q49.jpg
    Q49.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 93
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.