Jim Morrison Pardoned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you like, another jerk

Nèèh, the guy looks like he fell into a printing press.

I've met/spoken to prince Bernie overhere a few times, he had a whale harpoon tattoo'd on his left lower arm.
Totally nuts of whale hunting, i gathered, as with everything else that can be shot at (bit off the bend to pick such a bloke for president of the WWF).

Not exactly someone i have/had empathy for, just an example that presentation goes a long way, without content of any significance. :clown:

Polanski

I don't think there is any doubt that he drugged then sodomized a thirteen year-old girl.

John

That's what I read too. It wasn't so much sodomy but that he drugged the 13 year old and then had sex with her, which anyway you look at it is legally and morally non-consensual. He confessed in a plea bargain then fled, another felony violation. I know it was the days of free sex and drugs but that doesn't excuse rape. As for Jim Morrison, I've read he exposed himself a number of times at concerts. That's o.k. by me except that there may and probably were minors present and they most likely didn't know it was to happen.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
without content of any significance.

OK, I gave him a second chance and searched for the reason why he carries the logo Search and Destroy across his shoulders. This is what I found:

his life’s philosophy. Search for what you want out of life and destroy any obstacle that gets in your way.

LOL, crazy maniac on the loose. Just what I suspected. Big words, small head.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Personally, i'm counting on the US attorney to take care of that. :clown:

Attorney - $$$$ or conviction record is what matters the most to them and their boss - justice can wait. I'm ashamed to say that in the USA overzealous prosecution has led to the conviction and imprisonment of many innocent people - some of which faced the death penalty.
Our justice system is still a work in progress - and there is a lot of work left to be done.

Last edited:
Well, how much punishment a person should get is dependent on whether you know if "someone died" or a nine year-old boy was beaten to death with a claw hammer because his kidnapper and rapist didn't want him to say anything. If you go to a candlelight vigil on an execution date, you'll probably find that the emotards there don't really want to hear about the "morbid side" of the "crime".

John

I can see this turning quickly political, which wold close the thread.

Perhaps better to get back to Jim Morrison and his drugs and alcohol fueled antics.

Come on! How can a basic discussion of crime and punishment be necessarily political?

Back to the original topic(s), I will always find it disturbing that fans of popular celebrities seem to think their beloved deserve special treatment regarding drug and sex crimes. Think Michael Jackson, Pete Townsend, Richard Pryor, etc. The list goes on and on.

Roman Polanski deliberately lured a thirteen year-old girl to his residence, boozed her up and drugged her, then sodomized her and expresses no regrets. And his friends and certain film cognoscenti support him. I like many of his films - Knife in the Water introduced me to art film before I was even out of grade school, but I cannot abide his personal behavior. I can't even tell you how hard it is now for me to consider listening to Mikhail Pletnev anymore.

John

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Polanski did the crime, admitted it, served the time and then the judge decided to change the sentence. Polanski fled. Not the smartest move, but understandable.

Similar situation when he was supposed to come back to resolve the case a few years ago. More grandstanding and a cahnge in the deal by by the L.A. district attorney's office led to the deal being called off. No one is blameless in this fiasco.

Morrison on the other hand was just a drunken wild man with a great voice, a talent for poetry and pretty looks. What more could you want in a rock star?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.