Jim Morrison Pardoned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
All things relative, Thomas.
Where to draw the line ?

True - but I'm here for my audio fixation :D:D:D:D

I once put and exploding head into one of my post and was kindly reminded by one of the mod's that we do have some members and viewers that are fairly young - so now I try to keep that in mind.

I just saw on the 'net where there were some explosions in Stockholm and it appears that at least one of them was a car with gas canisters inside of it. This is very sad - my prayers and hope for peace go out to all of the victims of this tragic event.

That conviction probably sold a lot of doors records so it is only fair that since he reaped all the benefits of the publicity it got him that it should remain on his criminal record. It's not like it is going to prevent him from getting a good job now or anything.

I mean if it wasn't for all the stuff like that I really do not think the Doors would be huge. If Morrison had just been a normal straight dude but the Doors still recorded exactly what they did I doubt they would be that big.

I mean if it wasn't for all the stuff like that I really do not think the Doors would be huge. If Morrison had just been a normal straight dude but the Doors still recorded exactly what they did I doubt they would be that big.
Maybe, except that J. Morrsion was anything but "a normal straight dude" so I do not understand what the point is. And, You simply can`t factor out J. Morrsion from the Doors as You can`t M. Jagger from the Rolling Stones.

Regarding "normal straight dudes":
If F. Zappa & T. Waits would be (or better were, regarding the former) "normal straight dudes" they could have as well teamed up and name them Backstreet Boys but then they would not had/have the success and became famous in their fields without being what they are/were.

There is nothing more boring than "normal straight dudes", be it in music or elsewhere :drink:

It's hard to believe, but Zappa DID NOT do drugs. Check out his wikipedia page.

despite Zappa's disapproval of their illicit drug use.[60] He labeled people on drugs "******** in action", and he only tried cannabis a few times without any pleasure.

But I agree with your message:)

I said if he had been a normal straight dude. I am well aware that he was not. But if he had been I do not think the Doors would have been that popular. I think all the crazy stuff he did get them the publicity that made them big stars more than the music did. It is unfortunate but it seems to be a requirement to become really big. To have an idiot lead singer who is really messed up and starts crap all the time. You can be pretty big without one but it seems that to reach the top it is a requirement.

I am talking about guys like Axle Rose. Everybody might hate him but if it were not for him and more importantly the things he did, Guns and Roses would never have been huge.

Pantera played in Texas for many many years with a guy named Terry Glaze on vocals. Terry aka Terrence Lee was a pretty normal guy and not a complete idiot or all messed up and he didn't start crap with everybody. During that time Pantera made 4 albums and never went anywhere. Then they got a singer who acted like a complete idiot, was all messed up and started crap with everybody and they went from nothing to being the biggest selling really heavy band in the world overnight. More than one of their CDs were number one on the charts the day they were released. Generally really heavy bands never sell that many records. But Panteras new vocalist was starting more crap with more people and acting like more of an idiot than anybody else. He is a good singer too but unfortunately I believe that is incidental. A lot of other bands have vocalists as good or better but they don't get in enough trouble to be that big.

Van Halen sold a lot more records with David Lee Roth then they did with Sammy Hagar. David Lee Roth is more of the type of singer I am talking about. That is what the masses apparently want in a rock band.

BTW for the record I like Axle Rose, Dave Lee Roth and Phill of Pantera so I don't mean it in a bad way. Jim Morrison was one of the first singers to be like that and I believe if he had not done that they would never have gotten that big.

I just saw on the 'net where there were some explosions in Stockholm and it appears that at least one of them was a car with gas canisters inside of it. This is very sad - my prayers and hope for peace go out to all of the victims of this tragic event.

Apparently, the only one killed was the bomber. So as a suicide bomber, he was quite successful. We need to encourage more of this sort of cleansing of the gene pool.

There is nothing more boring than "normal straight dudes", be it in music or elsewhere :drink:

My 2 best friends and me entered junior high with the Doors, when Jimbo was already dead. And with Zappa, Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Lou Reed.

We were into aikido, judo, karate, weightlifting, practicing with nunchaku sticks in front of a mirror, Bruce Lee, and wrenching bikes.
Growing grass was just for fun, we didn't take 24/7 pot heads all that serious.
I still listen to that stuff on a regular basis, proof how brilliant it is and was.
Lots of Scheiss(e) has gone through the motions since, straight to the trash can.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe, but Zappa DID NOT do drugs. Check out his wikipedia page.

Growing grass was just for fun, we didn't take 24/7 pot heads all that serious.

Just for clarification. I didn`t necessarily think about drugs when I said this about not being a "normal straight dude" as it is of course not true that for not being one that there always have to be any involved (also often they do however).

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
so - it's a time for pardon all drek from Parker , a Byrd ? that's for major :rofl: .

there is no hope for legal establishment of any country today ... name of the game , or essence of human nature ; hypocrisy .....

in any case - Mr. T. Monk is more a person to pardon , than Mr. Morrison .

I'm listening more T. than J. lately , anyway .

:clown:

To have an idiot lead singer who is really messed up and starts crap all the time. You can be pretty big without one but it seems that to reach the top it is a requirement.
What concerns me I did like the music of the Doors before I even knew who they were or who was J. Morrison.
Still today (and after I know all this) their music still thrill me. "In Concert" (remastered) is just great, "Who Do You Love" or "Light my fire" (just for example, the entire disc is great stuff) turned up can give me one goose skin after another.
Visualising a drunk J.M. on stage trying to show his naked willie or whatever other uncovered part of his body shure couldn`t top this, it simply doesn`t matter (to me).
So what concerns me, musicians or rockstars for that matter, can do whatever "crap" they want, wear fancy clothes (or none of all), drink or sniff or I don`t know what, I don`t care much as long as their music "grab" me.

If the Doors just were about a "messed up idiot lead singer doing crap", today they would have been long forgotten and nobody would hear their music anymore, which just isn`t the case.

Van Halen sold a lot more records with David Lee Roth then they did with Sammy Hagar. David Lee Roth is more of the type of singer I am talking about. That is what the masses apparently want in a rock band.
I have seen Van Halen with D.L. Roth live in Munich (so long ago that I don`t even remember which century that was). He has a great rock voice but the only thing (unless his voice) at this "show" which impressed me was his stamina. It was like a 2,5 hours hardrock gym show. I enjoyed the concert though but the sound (and also I do like it loud at times, this was way too loud) and the live sensation, I don´t care for "the show", which is just that.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
their music still thrill me

Yesterday I played (guitar) People are Strange. Great song. Everybody has different opinions but Axle Rose is a talentless jerk whereas Jim (though idiotic at times) was something else. I'm guessing Peckerwood plays the guitar....best keep to myself my thoughts about most lead guitarist but what I'll say is that they aways hate lead singers with strong personalities.

quite an impressive guy

Do you like his tattoos? Another jerk IMO. Frankly, music business is full of them and drugs have nothing to do with it. The guy who sings for Oasis ( sober or drunk) is just stupid.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.