• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

I am glad all of you are happy. Advanced Circuits makes a very nice product. Thank Bob Ellis for steering in that direction.

The international members will have their boards shipped out Saturday morning. There is a little more paper work involved in these so be patient. I will have to include the proper dollar amount on the customs form. We do not want any problems from those folks. I will also ship the boards out to the few late comers on Saturday.

So who is going to step up and organize the Group Buy for the power supply caps and heatsinks. We could save big if we could come to a consensus on what heatsink would be appropriate and order them in bulk. I have been building my own sinks for all past projects and would like to build with a nice custom Seifert or Conrad. The ones shown on Jens website would be perfect. Just reshipping from a bulk package to domestic members would save a bundle.

Tad

Is it really necessary to put a limiter on both legs of a 120 volt U.S. domestic power supply. Most of Nelsons designs show 2 limiters but hot is only on one leg.
Also, Is phasing a major issue. My house is quite old and I am not sure if the hot leg is consistent on all outlets. I have not seen anyone mention this in prior threads here at DIY.

Tad

hi AndrewT

I bought a trafo from ebay but the seller send me by mistake other than the purchased (Toroid) much more powerful and not having spec on It
so when I plug In to mains (230 Vac) I got blowed fuses with no load
what Is the best simple circuit to protect mains fuses from blowing when switch on the trafo In order to measure secondarys

tryonziess said:
I am glad all of you are happy. Advanced Circuits makes a very nice product. Thank Bob Ellis for steering in that direction.

Thanks to all that made this GB go down. Got 'em today, realization sets in that i have a looong way to go before this puppy pumps out music

So who is going to step up and organize the Group Buy for the power supply caps and heatsinks. We could save big if we could come to a consensus on what heatsink would be appropriate and order them in bulk. I have been building my own sinks for all past projects and would like to build with a nice custom Seifert or Conrad. The ones shown on Jens website would be perfect. Just reshipping from a bulk package to domestic members would save a bundle.

Tad

R-Theta and Conrad GB's just went. I'm waiting for my Conrad MF35-151's as we speak. Hope you can generate enough interest for that.
I'm interested in PS cap GB, not sure if I was headed in the same direction as you (per post #794)

here are the Toroid I have received by mistake from post 825
the transformer does not have any spec on It - just # za84213

http://cgi.ebay.ch/TOROID-TOROIDAL-...2449689QQihZ022QQcategoryZ67815QQcmdZViewItem

can anybody help me how to find the spec
I have mailed Toroid but they did not answer
when I try to switch on the leads which I think are pri
I got blowed mains fuses
I am almost sure that I have targeted the pri leads (which are two pairs with much long leads than other leads) but got big inrush current
I wonder If that transformer can be used with Jens Leach Amp pcbs

samoloko said:
so when I plug In to mains (230 Vac) I got blown fuses with no load
what Is the best simple circuit to protect mains fuses from blowing when switch on the trafo In order to measure secondaries/B]

How many times do we need to state that a light bulb mains tester be used to power up every new project and every modified project.

Not only does this save one from damaging components due to miss-wiring but it prevents the correct value of fuse from blowing.
I would guess you could start a 1kVA transformer with a 60W light bulb with a T1A fuse on 110Vac. It certainly starts on 240Vac

All of the boards have been shipped.:smash: :smash: There are still a few leftover. Some of you have already contacted me about purchasing these leftover boards. Email me with your requests. I will fill them if I can. It seems like some of my email responses are not getting through. So if I do not respond email again and I will try another approach. I respond to all emails.

Thanks to all of you I was able to obtain my boards at a reasonable price. Without the community some of our projects would be unobtainium. I will compute the total cost of the group buy when the last boards are gone and any funds leftover will go to diy audio.

Tad

Time for a builders thread??

Guys,

Whaddya think?

Shall we keep this thread for Group-buy questions, and START A NEW THREAD under AMPLIFIERS/SOLID STATE ?? :smash:

BTW I am working together with a couple local DIY members to get parts for our boards and research ask/answer questions locally , saving big/unanswered questions for the forum(s).;)

Oh, and BTW:
Anyone here have experience with Fukushima (Japanese) emitter resistors? :confused:
I have been having trouble finding good quality 0.47ohm, 5W resistors that will fit the PCB. Most available are either metal oxide or those square, sand cast wirewounds(as used in speaker XO's and power supplies).:(

-chas

Chas,
Mills makes an excellent resistor. There are several places on the web to get them. Watch the prices. Of the three main selections -- can not think which one -- one of them is a lot cheaper. They sound pretty good to me. That is what I have in my Leach. I also used a lot of fireproof resistors from Dale. Nelson uses Panasonics in his amps. Not too hard to find.

One more thing. Try not to mount the board too high. The leads of the two drivers get short quick. And there is a lot of drilling and tapping.

Have fun, Tad::xeye:

TAD, although I've been reading diyAudio forum for several years to learn, this is one of my first times posting online, therefore moderators will not let me have access to email yet. but I would really like to add my name to the list for any boards that are not yet spoken for or become available, 3 tweeter, 6 super, 4 standard, and 13 front ends, Thank you so much for this group buy and all the great help you have been. - dean

Sam,

Avel Lndberg, Toroid of Maryland come to mind. either www.toroid.com or www.toroids.com. I have used both and both Avel and Torid of Maryland, and they are decent quality. No potted option like Plitron, but what does that really add. Avel has a made in China line that is quite good. I have a couple of Toriod of Maryland in service in my hot rod A75s with no mechanical noise.

Often surplus houses like www.apexjr.com have good quality transformers at rockl bottom prices.