jbl gto804 tapped horn/ folded horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Dan,

The OP requested posting a google sketchup model, and I haven't made the time investment yet. I did some 3D drafting and movies in ACAD in the early 1980s, but this was sufficiently cumbersome, and time consuming, that I just stayed with 2D drafting, it'll do just about anything I need. We have some applications that'll force me into 3D one of these days, but hopefully not too soon.

Love the Maxwell Render pictures, but to vote you have to be on facebook or twitter, so just another page in the continuing corporate hunt for names and numbers. It's remarkable though what's available for "free".

Thanks for the link.

Regards,

Do you think this is small enough?

Attachments

• GTO804D1.png
    GTO804D1.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 383
Stuffing will be necessary for reasons other than LF tuning, the stuffing is also used to dampen the resonant modes that occur at the upper end of the range. What do you use for a crossover to filter the high frequencys from the subwoofer? It'll sound like shite if you don't use a filter. Really you should have filtering to remove content on both the high and low ends of the spectrum, filtering off the lows below tuning will help protect against bottoming the drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.