Isobaric - less then $20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice work guys! They do seem like the might be a good ticket for someone wanting to build multiple subs on a budget. I looked but didn't see any print outs from horn response... NEO Dan is there any chance we could see the horn response predictions? Predicted sensitivity, predicted reponse, power handling, etc?

curious minds want to know...

double trouble box

Nice work guys! They do seem like the might be a good ticket for someone wanting to build multiple subs on a budget. I looked but didn't see any print outs from horn response... NEO Dan is there any chance we could see the horn response predictions? Predicted sensitivity, predicted reponse, power handling, etc?

curious minds want to know...

They work nicely, I took a pair up to the HT last night, listened to several action movies, etc. I'm giving them the thumbs up.

The 8ohm is nice, I don't really like using 4ohm loads (if I don't have to).

I did use 18mm on the outside on #3 (6 sides), the inside 1/2", I added to the length so the inside stays the same.

I read that there is no such thing as bass "speed", but the bass here seems lighting fast (to me).

Making a double trouble box now....Can't wait to see that acronym.

Attachments

• TH build loose.JPG
    TH build loose.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Hard to say what you are used to, not much $$ in any case.

The best deal is to order 4, maybe make a double box (I'm pretty sure this can be done with one sheet).

Here is a pic, if I had to do this all over again, it would be a little bit neater job, but this should turn out okay.......

Attachments

• P1040689.JPG
    P1040689.JPG
    519.7 KB · Views: 307
this design seems to be smaller then the tapped horn ive got, im going to have to have a good think about these :D
Does 009 have a name?
The JBL 8" is good but 2 in one box is the way to go.

This is 17-1/2" wide, (sharing one side).
:eek: KraZy man, how are you going to handle the outer pannels - lap joints?

Your 8" will work too BTW.

Neither of the 8" drivers is as efficient, but they have more x-max so they can get louder.
I am working on a source for a cheeep 10" shallow mount woofer that is suited to T-TQWT designs that go into the mid 20Hz range. No Free Lunch though = Bigger box = Bigger BASS. But still cheap:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.