Isobaric - less then $20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again,

Maybe like this:

Regards,

Attachments

• Side view_labels_filling_holes.jpg
    Side view_labels_filling_holes.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 350
New Pic

The access in the front panel idea was perfect, not hard to do and the poly fit fine. I added 10oz poly in one and it made some difference, used 20oz in the next and it sounded very, very, nice.

Even hooked it back up the stereo amp and all the mid range problems vanished. From here I can go back and add poly to the first one. I do find a piece of 1/2" foam right below the woofers makes a huge difference also. [not shown in photo]

btw, stopped by a craft store, bought Mountain Mist Polyester for $5.00 for 2 lbs. It rolled out nice, also a perfect fit, easy to do/add; no blocking needed.

Thanks to all for the plans and counsel!!

Awesome!

Attachments

• P1040682.JPG
    P1040682.JPG
    653.9 KB · Views: 331
I have followed this thread with great interest. Re the design of the box, Stromberg Carlson (Australia) made a big fuss about their special " Acoustic Labyrinth" with an 8" speaker. This was around 1936. Only trouble was, it raised the resonant point of the speaker. Perhaps this is first practical use of this technique?

BTW, Stromberg approach, although felt lined dividers, had the dividers only about an inch apart.

Attachments

• P1040684.jpg
    P1040684.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 292
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.