Is there a Tube Mc Riaa?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The last 50 years or so people have searched for MC tube preamp but the alternitives like transformer, fet, opamp, discreet as first stage were always a better choice. It can be done but always with great compremises.

Volume control you do by adding a resistor to pin 39 and ground.

MM tube amps with srpp first and second stages i have build before. For all tubes designs i like the phonodude.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.JPG
    IMG_1127.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I like the sound of srpp stages with ecc99 or 6n6p. I use them as outputbuffer for my cd player and dac. I also build preamps with 6n16 with srpp and cathode follower.
But for phono preamp you need a lot of gain, good psrr and driving all possible impedances at the output. Then the mu follower is a good choice.
Soundwise i did not hear a lot of differense between two setups with the same tubes.
Harmonics are a bit different between srpp and mu follower but if distorsion stays below 0,2% i can not here a difference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.