Is anyone versed in PAL video shown in USA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll have a look, had problems with Sony DVD players and multi region, copied DVDs etc, whereas a cheep (£20) ASDA special would play everything and had upscaling.
Went to Blu Ray for quality and to stop the kids and their friend borrowing the discs, now the prices of the players have dropped there all buying them now....

I've had an array of issues with media, players, computers, monitors, projectors with all the projects I've gotten into over the years. I don't think I've ever been stumped though, finding some combination that will work (eventually). Typically I use 42"/52" Panasonic monitors which have a lot of different scan rates/settings, but every now and then I'll get a blank screen.

The reason I asked though, people want to "see it on paper" regardless how it looks on monitor/screen.

For Home: the "new" streaming BluRay payers ($89) work well with a good internet connection, so many "Apps" on them; E.e. I found Vudu (Vudu.com) interesting.

Thanks for all the help, and advice.

So here is an Akman Player (behind the Alum brace). The install ran 4 months, 24 hours a day, never stopped; if it did, it would re-start in seconds.

The Alum. did keep the player much cooler, not that this was an issue.

All the misc, parts seen are shop laying around stuff, old atenna brackets, etc.

Arua $12 speakers.

Attachments

• DSC02384.jpg
    DSC02384.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 29
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.