Introducing Ground Sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

did anyone compare the Ground Sound DCN24 with the miniDSP2x8? There is a 240% price difference, between a pair DCN24 and one miniDPS2x8.

Robert:
Are you planning to offer a simple modular 8way IR volume control, maybe with some PGA? I think it would be easy to engineer but I found nothing on the DIY-market..

Regards

Hello,

did anyone compare the Ground Sound DCN24 with the miniDSP2x8? There is a 240% price difference, between a pair DCN24 and one miniDPS2x8.

Robert:
Are you planning to offer a simple modular 8way IR volume control, maybe with some PGA? I think it would be easy to engineer but I found nothing on the DIY-market..

Regards

Yes the mini dsp is cheap. But we have a Danish hifi-forum, with a guy, who tried the mini-dsp, and then had a demo with groundsound dcn-23. And he is no longer in doubt, that groundsound is alot better.
I have never heard mini-dsp, but I like better, than good stuff. And everything else I've tried for the last 15 years, at a very low cost, did not ever convice me.
After a demo of the smallest DCN-23 from groundsound I was hooked. But I also understand, that people are sceptic. Because products that even come close to high end digital solutions, are not to be found i normal shops, with a pricetag less than a small car. But then I also found lots of other guys trying groundsound, with great results compared to even very expensive equipment. So I simply had to try myself. And I have been a happy owner ever since :)

It all comes down to what your goals are. I heard that mini-dsp are great for experimenting and for low cost hifi and computerspeakers.
I've owned groundsound product now for more than 2 years. And I havent heard of a single other product that comes close, in quality, performance or price - at the same time.
I've also tested a DCN28 at a friend of mine resently, that have build many really great passive DIY speakers for more than 20 years. And normally plays with high end marantz gear (really expensive dual mono). We hooked it up with a Vincent SAV-P200. And now the result went from good, to awesome!
He makes very good DIY speakers, and therfore we did not need to make that many adjusments. He also has Clio measurements system, to verify, that it was not our ears that deceived us :D
Ofcourse we have our personal taste. But that was very easy to adjust on the front panel at the DCN28 or with the software on a laptop, via an usb-cable.
We both like a little more "umpf" in the low end, and a little shelving to support the midrange below its baffelstep level.
Furthermore we "removed" a roomnote at around 45 hz. And now the bass became alot better.
We only had a few hours to play. But have allready planned to meet again soon, with a bunch of common hifi-friends. To explore further on this really nice product :D

Yes. nice products comes with a nice pricetag, but consider the value of the rest of your system, and your goal with it. Then it will be easier to choose ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.