Intrest Check: 120w @ 8ohm Tube Buffered LM3875 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just saw this thread and it caught my interest. I'm looking for a chipamp to power my Yamaha NS-10m monitors for my studio. They require 60w program and handle 100w peak @8 Ohms. Would this amp be enough or should I get something with a little more power?

I'm trying to find some diy projects to combine into a studio control center.

It needs to have 4 headphone amps, 3 input selector with VU meter, 2 passive outputs, and one chipamp output for the NS-10m's.

I have found a design for the headphone amps.

Could everyone here that have paid Rhys and haven't received anything get in touch with me.

What have you ordered?
How much should this cost?
When did you send payment?
How much did you pay?
Your email address to Paypal if it is something else that you have used
Your real name of course.
Your address so I can compare it with what I have.

If you not are sure of all facts, let me have what you'll can recall.

:att'n: The latest info will be at the wiki and please don't edit anything except for receiving date.
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=BPA300+Group+Buy+Round+2
:att'n:

This project is temporarily on hold due to a computer crash but nevertheless I want to have info about all claims here. Priority 1 is to deliver the existing stuff from Rhys.

I'm offering a design review of this board when it starts to be ready. I can already see some things. It would have been nice if this board become a success but first things first now please.

I would also suggest that Rhys with help from somebody run this group buy according the book (which I have written), then we all can see the progress. The price in the group buy must include a prototype run first. Don't take advantage of Rhys' goodness. Let him be able to create a success from the beginning. One of the rules in my book is "don't offer non-existing stuff". => prototypes are required.

Somehow I feel that the driving license for group buys is withdrawn for a while but I can offer to be an administrative help also here.

Project cancelled

The project is canceled from Rhys' side but I hear that a couple of you guys have invested a lot in this so maybe I can solve this in the fall but the design will be by me heavily inspired by Rhys. I have no time to build anything so I want a few skilled test pilots for debugging the pcb's. Max three persons are needed.

The plan now is to refund all money paid so far but I will look carefully into this after my vacation.

I have got the documentation from Mr. Joe Rasmussen for the JLTi amp and we have started to exchange ideas. On these documents it says "Confidential" so I'll treat them accordingly but nevertheless Mr. Rasmussen has given me some valuable hints about tubes and ECC88 in particular. My design will have some industrial approach when it comes to circuit design and I will do my very best in order to make a professional design. My inspiration source will be JLTi but I will add some features and make it more universal. I have limited resources to both build and develop so I would appreciate if one to three people will help me in the prototype building. Those of you that have paid Rhys will have my boards without any additional cost. Time plan is 6 months at least but I'll hope you will find it worth waiting. I will also start a new thread when the time comes.

Pa, Nick I could offer some skills to help prototype, Nick Kolisnyk (also one of the group buyers for this) and me work in the same place and have access to some gear to try and help. We have experience with other circuits, but not with audio amps. If you think we can help in some way let us know.

PA, Nick & myself would fall into the skilled builders category, Nick has a tube push pull amp and has been researching tubes a fair amount lately. As for any specific parts, my only hope is that the transformers I had purchased from Rhys' design could be re-used for your design, if you need I can send the specs. I would like it as well if the boards could be used in the same manor as I has originally intended; That was to have two stereo boards operating together in balanced config, via the DRV134 I received from you.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.