• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest for GB for MarcelvdG valve DAC

Many thanks guys!

I should have pointed out that I have 2 extra main boards for those who may prefer to make their own PCB's, as the filter board is single sided and can be made by a hobbyist. You could also make a PCB for the specific output circuit option you chose to build.

As for a lessons learned regarding the boards, the main issue is that the filter boards curled slightly over time. I do not know much about PCB's so I assume this is a manufacturing problem. It was not a storage problem on my part.

I would thus recommend that if Marcel is updating the PCB, he add both a solder mask (which is no charge for Chinese PCB manufacturers), and an additional 2 mounting holes for a total of 6 at least.

Also, I would recommend that if ordering PCB's from this same board revision, the filter board be specified as 2.0mm, which should be a small cost adder since it is a single sided board.

Last edited:
They are not heavily curled. After all, they had to be manufactured flat.

IMHO soldering curled and then mounting flat is just asking for a stress crack in a solder joint. I would just clamp them flat with say a few pieces of scrap wood on the edges and then solder.