• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest for GB for MarcelvdG valve DAC

Hi again Tix. I just want to make sure that you understand that there are two versions of Marcel's Valve DAC, the original, as featured in Linear Audio and featuring on board PCM SRC processing to SDM with an onboard FPGA, and the DSD specific version that requires a DSD data input stream and dispenses with all the PCM processing elements.

This group buy is for the original version.

Yes I understood the 2 differences, the dsd version can only be used with dsd streams, so basically all non-dsd tracks should be converted to dsd before entering the dac, requiring a pc, instead the original version accepts pcm input signals so that you can use conventional sources such as cd players etc. etc. did I get it right?

Please let me know if anyone wants me to buy and program FPGA modules for them. It may take some time, as there is only one TE0630 LX75 module in stock at Trenz and only zero at Digi-Key and Mouser.

Marcel, how much is that module?

Just an idea, anyone is interested in trading for a DSD-only board with a full version? It’s still brand-new. I’m looking for trade only, not selling it.

The FPGA modules cost me about euro 230 (euro 224.91 for the module and something extra for the shipping from Germany to here). When I program them and send them, extra shipping costs come on top of it, and depending on where it goes to possibly extra customs costs.

Trenz has no stock until 12 March. I still have one spare module that I could send to thuanth43, or to acg if thuanth43 should decide not to want it.

I can't wait and have ordered 5 sets of the ValveDac/Filter pcb pairs which should be with me in a fortnight or so.

For the guys on the waiting list Tix88 and ciccio1112, if you would like one of these sets please PM me and I'll send them your way. Cost price was a touch over AU$102 per set when averaged across five sets. Add a bit for postage to wherever you are.

Thuanth43, if you are up for it I will swap your DSDonly pcb set for a set of my new ValveDac pcbs...just let me know.

I'll keep one set spare for myself.

Any updates on the PCBs? I'm getting really excited to start, I have a ton of parts on the way :D

Again, I apologize. I have sorted out the mailing packaging issue.

Again, both boards are 1.6mm thick (main board is slightly thicker because of Marcel's specification of double prepeg layer). Pictures as per previous post.

I have sent PM's requesting email addresses so that I can send you Paypal invoices for $CDN75 (the equivalent of $US60). Please feel free to ask any questions and be VERY transparent about shipping address (I'm sure Paypal accounts are full of expired addresses).

Hi guys, sorry, I just PMed you 3, I need your phone number as well to send it.

bvtrinh, clock is ticking.

Bad news is postage will be higher, since the packages did not qualify as letter mail.
An offsetting What? moment is that as I worked down the box I realized that there were more than 5 PCB's, there were 6 filter boards and 8 main board PCB's, I guess the PCB shop's error. I looked them over, they are not rejects. At this point I am willing to offer 1 more set to the waiting list, unless you want to get them from acg.

I replied with my phone number, let me know if you'd like the extra for postage beforehand or once it's posted. I keep saying this, but srsly thank you for investing your time in this group buy.

Don't worry about me, I'm good.

I sent you another PM to confirm the address that Canada Post automatically generates for you and if it is acceptable. It is somewhat different.

An offsetting What? moment is that as I worked down the box I realized that there were more than 5 PCB's, there were 6 filter boards and 8 main board PCB's, I guess the PCB shop's error. I looked them over, they are not rejects. At this point I am willing to offer 1 more set to the waiting list, unless you want to get them from acg.

Would not be the first time a pcb house made extras of an order just to fill up a production sheet...I once received 13 boards for a power supply when I ordered five. Between you and I there will be plenty of spare boards and I am sure others will jump in on this project at some stage.

OK, Tix88, your package was just mailed. SonnyMarrow, HenSch, and Rodeodave, your packages were mailed on Monday.

bvtrinh, ping again. Also, anybody else, speak up.

As discussed, I got burned on overseas postage, so I am sending instructions for a VOLUNTARY contribution to make up the difference. Also, going forward, to avoid the same mistake, or even worse, if you have not already reserved a spot, the price will be $USD45 + shipping at cost.