installing a temp indicator on the voice coil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it gets complicated far beyond my understanding, but keeping it below an amp per 1000uF should get you some years good running time, maybe. 10 A RMS through 1000uf, for example, no.

I used those values for testing tweeters. Absolutely don't use 1000uF for a sub. How many times have i repeated that in this thread so far? The medium of text in a forum just stinks

Sure, that's one way. Even simpler if say you are using an analog meter is to amplify it while removing extraneous DC and place paper over the back face and mark lines with a pen. done!

Do use the PC to align it ;)

There are also volt meter chips that drive displays. You still have to condition the input to set things in the proper scale. The "removing DC" part is as simple as using an opamp with the non-inverting input offset from zero.

You can do a lot with a linear expression in the analog domain. And even non-linear expressions, too, but that's a whole different topic.

davygrvy
I may need to build this right into my ppp KT88 sub amp when I get around to building it. I have been working on a digital VU gauge, that and a coil temp on the front would look amazing. Should have no DC off set using an opt but how will this change the sound/output of the amp? Running a DC bias on the out of a OPT just sounds like a bad idea :warped:

and off topic but when you end a sentence with a smiley where do you put the punctuation mark?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.