Install a potentiometer to control volume TDA7492 board

I think so, you just need to install it between the bluetooth module and the amplifier, so you'll need steady hands and small wire. You can probably find some tips in the other TDA7492 thread where's lots of closeup pictures of these boards. And you need to find the pin layout for the bluetooth module.

q6n5Gvi.jpg

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Uh, the soldering point on the BT module is 'cold', and it's a huge blob. You also burnt the power plug. With that set of 'skills' you'll want to train quite a bit more before soldering on SMD. Besides that, there is already a digital volume control on the board.

I know, my soldering iron is too powerful for small jobs, I'll need to invest in something less aggressive if you're plan on doing any more.

To be fair, the "mod" �� works well. It's increased the range massively!

If I wanted a rotary control, would it be possible? Could I mod the volume controls on the board?

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Don't tell me the soldering iron is to blame you've burnt the power plug. THAT soldering pin got nothing to do with the wrong soldering iron!

The whole control for the amp is on the BT board. It is theoretically possible but I wouldn't do it and especally not without you improving vastly on soldering.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Okay, fair enough. Follow the AUX in to where it's switched with the BT audio (likely at the plug itself), cut both the r+l signal contact, solder a wire onto each and one on - and insert a 50k log. potentiometer wired as a voltage divider (input on the middle, one on gnd, one on the signal 'out'). Done.

hi,

i got exactly the same question in another thread (and i got exactly the same board as in the first post):

i got another question. i want to control the volume, but not with the buttons on the board but with a potentiometer.
can i use such a dual potentiometer:

High Quality B50K 50K Ohm Dual Linear Taper Volume Control Potentiometer Switch-in Switches from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

and put it between i.e. pin 37 and 39 (for both speaker) ? or do i get something wrong?

Google Image Result for https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/programming-off-the-shelf-csr8635-module/?action=dlattach;attach=221132

i really want to use that potentiometer since it got a switch so i can switch on the board. but it says: Type : Dual Linear(Type B)

so i can put it between the 2 pins link in my quote and than like you said "(input on the middle, one on gnd, one on the signal 'out'). "
?