InFocus LP600 Power Board Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: question for mbates

craigowens said:

Not sure if you can answer this mbates, but are you referring to the capacitor at location C3 on that board? Thanks!

Hi, I'm new here. I found this forum while trolling the net for an LP600 service manual.
The pj was completely dead so I replaced C3 as strongly suggested by mbates. It did get the fans to come on, the power light to illuminate and the lcd screen working again but unfortunately the lamp is not igniting. I am a newbie to this forum and it won't let me email mbates directly so I'm posting this in the hope that perhaps he or someone else can advise on what to do to fix the remaining problem.

Thanx.

Dead LP600

I have an LP600 as well, that is completely dead.
itatsugachi, was your PJ completely dead before you replace the Cap?
Mine won't do anything when I hit the power button.
I have opened it up and checked the fuse, made sure no burn marks on the board.
I am planning on replacing the Cap the mbates suggested.

Thanks.

Identify component?

Firstly thanks to the participants in this thread, who have enabled me to fix a dead LP600 by just replacing a capacitor (C13, 100uF electrolytic).

I have a question - in the attached pic, what are the components near the power socket - two of them, blue plastic boxes with "105" on them? I've got another projector, actually an IN36 but basically the same design, and one of these appears to be making a loud buzzing sound.

Does anybody know what it is or where I can get one?

Attachments

• lp600powerclose.JPG
    lp600powerclose.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 275
I'm having similar problems with the Infocus IN26+EP. When plugged in, totally dead. Nothing powers up. I can only see one 100uf 25V 105° close to an IC which I have already replaced, but it is still dead. There are so many caps on the board. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, those blue boxs are capacitors and not relays.

Hi, was was browsing through for solutions to the problem i am currently facing with two power boards i have for infocus lp600. Am wondering if anyone has faced the problem where the projector comes on until the wait countdown and shuts off completely....than there are no lights what so ever..its completely dead.. i have read about the replacement of the capacitors and was wondering if that solution would help my case?
The second power board had a blown fuse and upon further checking i found that part TOP245Y was burnt...any reasons to why this could occur?
Any advice or proceedings on these two cases is deeply appreciated.

Hi,
, I have an infocus lp600, but after replacement of cpas as decrit here, the power suply does not work better.

If I withdraw one of the capacities, fans puts on in function but LCD shows nothing

Somebody can give me voltage for the mother board (I would not need the lamp and the ballast => modding), I plan to replace the power supply with a PC power ATx or something to help me to solve my problem.

You say you power suppy does not work better. Does that mean that it does work to some extent but not fully as it should? This thread refers to the symptom when the projector is totally dead and lifeless. Also the LP600 is a DLP and not an LCD projector. Definitely that is the model in question?

Yes, I know that is DLP. For LCD, is the data lcd, on the Top of videprojector.
The model is Infocus LP600.

The power supply doesn't work, but if i Remove one caps, fans start, but the LCD on Top seem dead, and nothing else seem run.

To know where is bug, i want to know voltage on pins, to test more...

Infocus LP600 voltage readings at PSU output

Here are the voltage readings..

Projector rear (AC Input)

3.2 Gnd 0
5 Gnd 3.2
1.5 Gnd 0
12 Gnd 0
1.5 Gnd 0

Projector front

Hope this helps..let me know if you manage to use an alternate source of power supply.. The 0 volts are not grounded..they are actually fed by the controller board to the PSU to turn on and turn off the lamp as well as to indicate if the lamp has firedup or not..

Cheers!

Hi all,
This is embarrassing. I was replacing c3 on the power supply board and accidentally unsoldered r508 just above c3 on the solder side of the board. r508 is so small (surface mount) that I have lost it. Can someone please tell me the resistance of r508. It should be written on r508 or if I can get a measurement it would help greatly.
Thanks
Chuck

Hello people,

I've managed to find a LP600 for a reasonable price. I've dismantled it completely since a new lamp is very costly. All is ready for a xenon light in there. Just one thing, the optocouplers on the powerboard confuse me. Normally there are about five couplers and one is turned the other way around, that is, in most cases the lamp optocoupler. This powerboard has 2 couplers that are turned compared to the others.

Does anyone have a clue as to which optocoupler i should jump, to make the beamer 'think' the lamp is on and burning happily?
I have a crappy camera, as one can see in this picture but I've added the names and the directional dots. Can someone help me?

Picasa Web Albums - vincent

A thoughtline or answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Greetz!

Vince

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.