Infineon MA12070 Class D

My Purifi have 88.7dB and it's just to little for MA12070 I just heard when I bought the new TPA3255.
So maybe 90dB could be a good start.
Don`t know the volume played here. But the actual voltage into the speaker is quite easy to measure with a volt meter. I often get suprised how low it is.
An extra check with SPL meter often confirm the results.
70 watts into a 6 inch speaker is quite a lot stress for such a small voicecoil.
guesstimated the diameter from the dB number

Reactions: 1 user
Last edited:
2 and 9 millVolt or 0.002 and 0.009 Volt can be ignored as it can be called zero offset. Probably will be even less with better filtering. I wouldn't even worry till about 20 mV just for the sake of desired "perfection" as even 50 mV won't harm a loudspeaker.

Speak0A and Speak1A should both be + AFAIK. I have the 1.3 so judgement from your 1.5 picture.

Balanced inputs are nice but less so without balanced volume control. Only if you are truly faithful you can connect a power amplifier directly to a device with software volume control. It can go well for some time, many did it ...and burned woofers. I am curious how most balanced people (I see what I did here) do this as 4 channel potentiometers are not the best. Probably relay based stepped attenuators are about the best one can build. Gustard does this in some DACs.

Unbalanced to balanced active conversion with unbalanced volume control in front of it is way easier and cheaper to realize. Better than the single cap to GND ChiFi way of doing it.
Can you explain a bit more clear please (rephrase) or even beter a picture how you connect unbalanced inputs the best way? Just to be sure I don't make any mistake. I want to do 2 unbalanced in and 4 out

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If the amp is set to 25dB gain, then 2Vpp in makes 35vpp output for BTL configuration. To be able to do that will require the amp’s PSU to provide 35v/2+4v for dropout on the MOSFET. So is your PSU at least 22v?

Another thing to consider is what it the speaker impedance and how many amps does the PSU provide. You could also be current clipping if driving a difficult low impedance load.

If the PSU is either voltage or current limiting the amp, you will get clipping and distortion when driving near max output.