Infineon MA12070 Class D

Maybe a bit offset question: Can anyone tell me how to disassemble the topping PA3S ? So far I removed the back plate, the board slides out about 2 inches, then??? On the front side I do not see any way to remove the panel..... To get the PCB out the connector from the front plate to the PCB must be disconnected, but how? Any help would greatly appreciated.
To disassembly Topping PA3s (MA12070) you need long (at least 14-15cm) thin 2mm hexagon key (front panel is screwed from the inside), use it through the rear screw holes. You can make it yourself from scraps of any small 2mm wrench by welding a long handle if it's difficult to find such size in local stores.

Attachments

• hex2mm1.jpg
    hex2mm1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 26
  • hex2mm2.jpg
    hex2mm2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 24
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I tried to measure a board like that with an pc oscilloscop this week. Smoke😢
Grounded both input and output to same ground was the mistake i suspect?
But since you like it. Maybe I will order another one and measure with floating output.
Yo need to use a balanced input attenuator helper board connected to XLR input of audio interface. Make sure not to let ground shield connect to speaker output. There is a circuit I used described in the REW distortion measurement thread. For Class D amps, you also want to use a passive brick wall 100kHz filter to prevent aliasing the data in the FFT.

Filter:
1715430795698.png

1715430780373.png

Also this is right script for ATtiny85, that switch MA12070 to PMP2 and than put ATtiny85 to deep sleep state, with ADC off and BOD off for minimize EMI.
You need to use special LowPower library that support ATtiny85 - this is it https://github.com/sej7278/LowPower

#include<Wire.h> #include <LowPower.h> void setup() { Wire.begin(); //Change PMP from 0 (default) to 2 Wire.beginTransmission(0x20); // 0x20 = default MA12070 I2C address Wire.write (0x1D); // 0x1D = PMP Register Wire.write (0x02); //Set to PMP2 Wire.endTransmission(); LowPower.powerDown(SLEEP_FOREVER, ADC_OFF, BOD_OFF); } void loop(){}

Still under construction...

View attachment 1309271
If you don't bypass the opamps you will not get close to the potenial of these Boards. The way I use them they are better than the Accuphase E303 I owned. With a differential signal straight to the input pins of the Merus Chip, you get stunning performance. I never gave any sonic impression of these boards in stock form so please don't blame me for suggesting these boards if the sonic result is just mediocre.

Reactions: 1 user