Indian equivalents of the following DIY items.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dear indian friends
i am from kerala.i completed my voigt pipe(tqwt) using peerless 5.25 inch woofer and 1 inch fabric dome tweeter,which i was bought from bombay.i conncted it to my 10 watts single ended mosfet amplifier.it sounds great to me. i am attaching some photos of my diy system.

Attachments

• 000_2816.jpg
    000_2816.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 118
Hello all,
I am back from holidays and finally finished my folded TQWT for the new old stock JBL 40's (10 cm). The Rutter spreadsheet for calculating box and tube dimentions was the basis for my design. It is a good tool for gross measurements.

As was suggested here, the bass response on these little gems is fantastic, but the high-mids and highs are not as good as would have wanted. Maybe my early years playing in loud rock bands destroyed my high end hearing.

Anyway, I am very pleased with the early results without any stuffing. They are a little boxy on the low end, but from what I understand this can be controlled with sound absorbing material in the top end of the tube. Any suggestions here (I remember reading some earlier posts on materials to use in India). Some purists say "no stuffing" but I am not sure this is advisible, as I understand that this process can also help out the mid and highs eminating through the front of the driver. Any advise would be appreciated.

Here is a picture of the product: LxWxH = 8"x7"x21"

Cheers, Stuart

Attachments

• tqwt folded 003a.jpg
    tqwt folded 003a.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 134
Hi,
Thanks for the compliment. I have to agree. They look very good in my living area. My wife likes them too!!

The finish is some Thai manufactured spray paint (seems to be an oddity in New Delhi) that I finally found in a small but well stocked paint shop. It took two cans of Flat Black. That there is no shine at all, from a distance you can't even make out the corners and seams. A strange optical illusion.

CHeers.

Hi Ajju,

I just might do a tweeter addition but I would be giving up my personal goal to make a speakers without a crossovers. Are there stand-alone tweeters available in India that can be hooked via "B" channel on my amplifier? Any other ideas?

I think I will get better high end response from my recently purchased FE103E's.

Stuart

Dont ask mate...!!
Now im here...yet to dust the projects...!!
are you done with ur MtM's ...? photos...response..???

Btw...guys
I've got an LCR meter...good advertised precision..
so anyone needing to do good crossovers, match components etc are always welcome to use it...

Naveen, more of those pics...:)

ajju

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.