INA217 mic preamp critique and questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got an email update saying G^2 replied to this thread. Weird!

Anyway, locking toggles have been suggested. Those sound nice and look nice but require lots of scratch. They also seem pretty big. I might try a micro toggle and if it seems to long, inset it a little or shorten the toggle part.

More searching......

I did and when I tried a Digikey link it didn't like it. Then I thought of those switches used on guitar effects boxes and when I didn't find what I thought you might want on Digikey I decided to just skip it for now. DIY audio was not in error, I just pulled the rug out from under them.

The locking toggles like this

Digi-Key - CKN1128-ND (Manufacturer - 7201K2ZQE)

are not large at all (.5 x .45 inch) but they are $10

I open this discussion again, as I would like to give my new AKG C1000 MK4s a more effective mic preamp than the one onboard on the Tascam DR 40 I use them with.

I would go for the simpler way, wanting to build a portable unit, with the schematic supplied by The famous $5 preamp - everything you need to know

removing the phantom power as C1000's can be powered by internal batteries.

IMGDEAD]

I have some doubts about it:

1) how to connect the center pin of the pot used to control the input level;
2) what should be the value of the pot;
3) are R4 and R5 responsible of the input impedance of the preamp?

Thanks for advices.

Last edited:
Nice work, it seems an industrial product with all those SMD components, built having in mind the need to satisfy the most applications.
My goal is to have a portable preamp for my personal use, so phantom can be left out as my microphones don't need it, just to see if the sound of the DR 40 internal mic preamp can be improved.
I bet it is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.