Improving my old Marantz CD40?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
At the input of the regulators ( = after the transformer + diode bridge ) please use low ESR types like Panasonic FC and after the regulators ( i.e. at the output of the regulators ) standard BCComponents or similar. I can not express it any clearer.

You can use low ESR types ( Panasonic FC/OSCON ) for decoupling the SAA and other digital chips of course. Just do not use them directly in the proximity of the regulators outputs.

jean-paul said:
At the input of the regulators ( = after the transformer + diode bridge ) please use low ESR types like Panasonic FC and after the regulators ( i.e. at the output of the regulators ) standard BCComponents or similar. I can not express it any clearer.

You can use low ESR types ( Panasonic FC/OSCON ) for decoupling the SAA and other digital chips of course. Just do not use them directly in the proximity of the regulators outputs.

Ok, thanks, very clear.
Curiosity kill the cat....i have now another question:
do you think could be right change the value (more capacitance) for the new cap?
In the 2 situation , after trasformer, and at the regulators output?
For example, at the regulator output the standard value are:
47uF, 25V and 33uF 16 V.
I could, in Your opinion, increase the value until 100uF? or greater? or this choice could be absolutely wrong, and leave too much emphasys to low frequencyes, or lower speed of the sound?
Thanks again
Riccardo

Originally posted by jean-paul

Better.
First of all thanks, Jean Paul.
I'll try and effctively sanyo os con after the regulator produces a reduction in high frequencies. Better 037.
But know i have another question, please:
about decoupling SAA and other IC.
What do you think could be the cap's correct value?
The same of the original bypass, wich are 33uF and 47mF and 330uF, with BCC037, or try a 220uF with OS CON?
The cdp is a marantz cd40...
Many Thanks.
Riccardo

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
riccardo said:
I'll try and effectively sanyo os con after the regulator produces a reduction in high frequencies. Better 037.

No OSCON or low ESR caps after regular 78xx/79xx regulators. Please reread this thread. Do a Search on this forum. Check some other threads.

riccardo said:
What do you think could be the cap's correct value?
The same of the original bypass, which are 33uF and 47mF and 330uF, with BCC037, or try a 220uF with OS CON?

I can't read the schematic you attached but I would stick to 47 uF standard quality directly after ( = at the output ) all regulators. No more no less. It can not hurt to use slightly bigger electrolytics before the regs, i.e. the ones that filter the ripple.

Ciao Ashley

the pcb directly from...Elso kwack, obviously.
Kwack clock 7.
The 40 it's the "pole" of my stereo.
My "old" marantz cd 40 it's like a Ferrari's car.
I put inside the cdp a transformer's output By Royal Device, (could you see on web) and now the new clock.It sound superb!
(i did buy the service manual on ebay, do you remember?)
ciao kind regards,
Riccardo

Hi Riccardo:

Please let me know where you bought the transformer's output Royal Device, and how do you have connect it to DAC.

I want to try it instead of any Op Amps.

Many thanks for your help,
Antonio

Do a search for Cd upgrades... The Marantz cd40/50/60 and Philips CD610/620/630 all use the same/similar mother board with SAA7220 and tda1541. Clocks, caps, diodes, op amps.

I hot rodded a CD620 (identical to CD40 main pcb except has digital out) and it comfortably overtook a Rotel RCD965LE discrete with trichord clock. Mine only had a damped crystal.. The mods were op amps, diodes caps etc.

I'm pretty sure the Magnavox CDB610 uses a TDA1543 not a TDA1541 or TDA1541A. At least I'm certain the Philips CD610 uses a TDA1543. I know the Philips CD620 and CD630 along with the Magnavox CDB630 and CDB582 all use the TDA1541A DAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.