Impressions: USB DAC: TDA1387 NOS vs PCM5102A Delta-Sigma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking at this to convert USB to I2S.

The TDA1387 has BCK, WS and DATA

WS = SCK?
678472d1525374680t-impressions-usb-dac-tda1387-nos-vs-pcm5102a-delta-sigma-htb1yrl9mqswbunjssrbq6y0mvxam-jpg
snoop .... why do you keep showing this Cm6631a Interface Module in your posts?!!
If you're promoting it, or otherwise interested in it, use a DEDICATED THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the variant of the filter/IV stage suited to 8 DACs.

In preparing this one I discovered there's a component error on the 4 DAC version, which I'll correct shortly.

I've also realized I didn't specify the type of LED - its a green one with 2.1V forward drop. The idea is that the DAC output voltage shouldn't rise above 3.5V (which is the upper limit of its compliance range). If it does, the resistor R15 should be increased to lower the voltage at the BC807's base.

Hi,

Could you post the kicad? save me drawing it out again. :) Thanks!

Also what needs to change for a single chip? I see you're using 5V in this version, I intend to go for 6V for the 2V swing you mentioned in an earlier post.

Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.