imaging and stage depth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
planet10 said:

We will. You are the 2nd person in need of this cab.

These seem to much prefer being pulled out into the room, they will not go down quite as far, but will have a lot less ripple. There shouldn't be as much work tuning them.

The curvey ones are more focused, the curve acting to integrate the driver & the 2 mouths and the curve shape improving the wave launch (the output wants to be a spherical bubble and the curve helps a high aspect ratio more closely achieve this goal. You see the same on the back of the A166, A126 and the Frugel-Horn.

dave

Thanks!

planet10[/i][b] If the port change is all that is needed then i'll just add the note to the drawings... i need to consult with Scott to see how this differs from a slightly different much earlier pass at the 168eS. The BVRs have proven to be quite versatile said:

We will. You are the 2nd person in need of this cab.
dave

I don't want to look impatient but is there any progress? :cool:
Peter

Id try to rearrange the room first.. The BIB's look like they are firing from behind your gear stand, and the sound field looks like it will be bouncing all over the place from the pic.. Why not if possible get the gear rack up against the wall at least, and have the BIB's forward from the rack instead of behind it, Id bet you'd experience a world of difference.. Dave:)

Corner issues...

Probably should have put this in the other bib thread, but seeing as we were talking room placement, this place is probably just as good.

I’m interested in the bib idea and was thinking about building myself a pair for the bofu’s I got my hands on recently. The problem with this is that my “listening room” is not super large (12’x9’ give or take) also has to function as my office/bedroom/storage/whatever-else and I don’t have any usable corners.

So onto my real question. Is it possible (or has anyone tried) to make a sort of “false” corner to nestle some bib’s into? Perhaps an addition to the bib design itself to make a corner? Or more simply possibly just a right angle of some extra plywood that hangs down from the ceiling a couple o’ feet or so? Would this help, hinder or be a waste of time? Should I scrap the bib idea consider a different design?

Being that this is my first venture into this speaker building thing I wanted to start off on the right foot.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Corner issues...

stpeter said:
Probably should have put this in the other bib thread, but seeing as we were talking room placement, this place is probably just as good.

I’m interested in the bib idea and was thinking about building myself a pair for the bofu’s I got my hands on recently. The problem with this is that my “listening room” is not super large (12’x9’ give or take) also has to function as my office/bedroom/storage/whatever-else and I don’t have any usable corners.

So onto my real question. Is it possible (or has anyone tried) to make a sort of “false” corner to nestle some bib’s into? Perhaps an addition to the bib design itself to make a corner? Or more simply possibly just a right angle of some extra plywood that hangs down from the ceiling a couple o’ feet or so? Would this help, hinder or be a waste of time? Should I scrap the bib idea consider a different design?

Being that this is my first venture into this speaker building thing I wanted to start off on the right foot.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Honestly I would look into the Half Changs for that application, they will be more than loud enough for such a tiny room...

My room is somewhat similar (12 x 18) and the Half Changs have powerful bass that extends well into the 30s...You won't need corners and they will be smaller :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.