I'm throwing in the towel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well that didn't take that long did it? Today I decided to play with the ports on the Klipsch's, Turns out they sound best completely blocked off. :D They sound like a PA speaker now, (Better clarity on vocals) but paired with the sub it's working out nicely. Also on a side note, I eliminated the gap between the bottom of the cab and the floor by removing the feet and placing them onto a piece of carpet cut to the size of the cabs. I could tell a remarkable difference by eliminating the gap? Does that sound feasible? :confused:

Last edited:
Well that didn't take that long did it? Today I decided to play with the ports on the Klipsch's, Turns out they sound best completely blocked off. :D They sound like a PA speaker now, (Better clarity on vocals) but paired with the sub it's working out nicely. Also on a side note, I eliminated the gap between the bottom of the cab and the floor by removing the feet and placing them onto a piece of carpet cut to the size of the cabs. I could tell a remarkable difference by eliminating the gap? Does that sound feasible? :confused:

Yes. Edge diffraction is a lot more significant than most people give it credit for.

It is a pity you aren't in Melbourne or I would show you what the opening thrash of Smells like Teen Spirit can do to your audio senses (but alas, not to the others).

Rolls eyes in disbelief!

Abs
I've never taken any notice of Nirvana, other bits of life were happening then - so just today had a look on YouTube to see what the fuss is about. I note the versions that have been redone by putting it through a battery operated ghetto blaster at full volume, and recording from the speakers - so went to the 'official' one ...

And well recorded it is too - it's all about the drums, very nicely captured - the rubbish variations about completely destroy this element. This so-called 'thrash' is very tame compared to many I've come across, it's too well done to be called such - and would be a good test disk, to see how well the quality of the drumming is maintained with change in volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.