Ignore this its a moment of stupidity!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stand in front of a big mirror.
Things which are at the top in the real world (like your head) appear at the top of the mirror.
Things which are at the bottom in the real world (like your legs) appear at the bottom of the mirror.
Things which are on the left in the real world (like your left hand) appear in the left side of the mirror.
Things which are on the right in the real world (like your right hand) appear in the right side of the mirror.

If you try with one eye closed, or tilt your head so that your eye-axis is vertical - no difference.

Here's one that will keep you up all night.

The stars in other galaxies are shining light which took millions/billions of years to get to us. Including radio waves.

The light which comes from the surface of the sun actually has been on a million year long travel from the center of the sun.

So if we could see other planets, and what happens on those other planets, are we observing the past? If we are observing the past couldn't an alien race be observing our past before they even land on earth?

if this is possible, couldn't a satellite in orbit with the capability of quantum communication with earth be able to show us what has happened in the recent past?

Granted, a satellite in orbit could simply record and with a camera show us what has happened in the past, but if far enough away from the earth with a good enough lens couldn't it also tell us other vital data? Even intercept communications.

Now to take that one step further couldn't a quantum communication portal in the future communicate with one in the past and therefore be able to send a message into the past based upon observations of the satellite?

If this is the case, then we could predict and stop futurecrime and halt the progression of massive terrorist events.

Take that one step further and a smart phone or smart glasses and with the aid of augmented reality show you what will happen in the future. (The present to the satellite)

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ntanglement-of-photons-through-space-and-time
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...stance-at-least-10000-times-faster-than-light

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Freax,

Mirror mirror on the wall..:D

Everything you see is in the past..
So the fairest would always be the reflection.
However a scrying mirror is black....so what colour was the mirror on the wall.

Anyway any thoughts about electrons..

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
rayma said:
A mirror reverses back to front.
Yes. Well, not quite: front remains front, back remains back but everything is 'reflected' in the plane of the mirror silvering.

It seems to reverse left and right to us because our eyes are symmetric about our vertical axis.
No. We reverse left and right (or up and down) when we prepare something for viewing in a mirror.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
No. We reverse left and right (or up and down) when we prepare something for viewing in a mirror.

I thought about this for a while..however if you get someone to stand in front of you and pretend to be the mirror then ask what hand they are raising to mimic you its not quite that simple. :) the mirror is antiphase..

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Freax,

Mirror mirror an the wall..:D

Everything you see is in the past..

However a scrying mirror is black....so what colour was the mirror on the wall.

Anyway any thoughts about electrons..

Regards
M. Gregg

Ok. This one has been bugging me for a while now.

Everything we hear is in the past too. Do electrons have a velocity through space-time? If so then does that mean that the reason why analog sounds better than digital is because we're altering the quantum state of each electron and atomic particle (through the air, through the wires) by cutting them up and recreating them based upon a stored data stream?

With analog the quantum state of each electron is preserved from one moment to the other in the form of a physical media such as magnetic tape, irregardless of the waveforms originally intended perfection the time at which it arrives and the time at which it leaves the electronic circuitry is still the exact same time. (Assuming Wow/Flutter/Tape Speed is too big of a difference to alter the speed of electrons, so therefore they don't alter the sound just the perception of the sound that you hear.)

However cutting it up into tiny little bits will alter that because the recreated quantum state of each electron as it leaves the DAC is created by the DAC and not by the original musical instrument.

Which explains why the TDA1541 DAC sounds so good, there is massive gaps inbetween each state change, so therefore we are listening mostly to a capacitor which charges and discharges through the circuitry to the preamp buffer then to the amplifier and then to the speakers.

Essentially it is listening to a capacitor which is discharging on the falling side of a sinewave which makes the TDA1541 sound so good.

Sort of like how battery-based audio systems will charge and then discharge, except in this circumstance we are listening to the time-constant of the capacitor and not of the chip.

We cannot record the quantum state of each electron as it arrived at the microphone with the use of digital technology, however analog can.

I therefore propose that digital can never perfectly store or reproduce an audio soundscape because our perception of reality is and always will be limited by what digital can reproduce. And Digital will always be a barrier to the recording and reproduction of the quantum state of an electron, Digital will always have a level of distortion which may never be perfected, now or into the future. (as we know of Digital today, Quantum Computers may change this.)

The billion dollar question derived from that is of course, can/does the quantum state of an electron alter the electrons which are reproduced in a sound system in the present time? If so then can we hear this?.

I also propose that a lightweight speaker cone must travel at the speed of sound or greater to perfectly reproduce an audio signal, I propose that traditional speaker cones can never perfectly reproduce a signal and that we should be using electrostatic loudspeakers (still using a vibrating diaphram) or direct electrical or magnetic stimulation of the surrounding atmosphere is necessary to perfectly reproduce an audio signal.

This is of course laymens-philosophical-science

Last edited:
Everything we hear is in the past too. Do electrons have a velocity through space-time? If so then does that mean that the reason why analog sounds better than digital is because we're altering the quantum state of each electron and atomic particle (through the air, through the wires) by cutting them up and recreating them based upon a stored data stream?

With analog the quantum state of each electron is preserved from one moment to the other in the form of a physical media such as magnetic tape, irregardless of the waveforms originally intended perfection the time at which it arrives and the time at which it leaves the electronic circuitry is still the exact same time.

However cutting it up into tiny little bits will alter that because the recreated quantum state of each electron as it leaves the DAC is created by the DAC and not by the original musical instrument...

We cannot record the quantum state of each electron as it arrived at the microphone with the use of digital technology, however analog can.

This is of course laymens-science.

No, it's gibberish.

No, it's gibberish.

How would you like it if someone came along and simply dismissed something you've thought about for a while without a detailed explanation?

Please at least give some sort of explanation as to why it is gibberish, in your own time of course.

I'm not someone who would carry this gibberish along if it was wrong, I would drop it if given enough of a challenging logical answer to dismiss it, I don't take pride in deceiving people.

Of course if you project through a lens its inverted..:D

So the image on the back of your eye when looking in a mirror is...

Regards
M. Gregg

So through the earliest evolutionary steps before we fully developed a visual cortex we were perceiving reality upside down :D

(Jokingly) Maybe that is why we climbed onto trees...

This is too much for me.
I'm going back to bed to recover.

I'm off to bed soon too. In like 2 mins.

How would you like it if someone came along and simply dismissed something you've thought about for a while without a detailed explanation?

I'm being serious, it would take several book-length expositions. You have deep misunderstanding of what sound waves are, what electrons are, what electrical signals are, how sampling works, how D/A converters work, how microphones work, the physiology of hearing, and psychoacoustics. The breadth of non-understanding is too wide to cover in a few internet forum posts.

freax said:
That part is nonsense. I haven't read the rest.

I assume you don't know what is actually meant by the term 'quantum state'? Otherwise you would not imagine that analogue audio technology can somehow capture it. Aren't microphones designed for capturing sound waves, not de Broglie waves?

I'm being serious, it would take several book-length expositions. You have deep misunderstanding of what sound waves are, what electrons are, what electrical signals are, how sampling works, how D/A converters work, how microphones work, the physiology of hearing, and psychoacoustics. The breadth of non-understanding is too wide to cover in a few internet forum posts.

That almost sounds offensive.

But Understood. You appear to have made gross misconceptions about my understanding of what I understand which I can understand where you got that from but feel offended that you've simply left it at that.

There is always room for a fresh view on old ideas, nobody can deny that. So where do I begin learning? What material did you read to get to where you are today?

That part is nonsense. I haven't read the rest.

I assume you don't know what is actually meant by the term 'quantum state'? Otherwise you would not imagine that analogue audio technology can somehow capture it. Aren't microphones designed for capturing sound waves, not de Broglie waves?

Each electron has a quantum state correct?

AT the time of measurement an electron's quantum state collapses, and is therefore not reproduced by an ADC.

Is Quantum Reality Analog after All? - Scientific American

A tape player records the frequency of an electronic signal by aligning magnetic particles on a tape (no doubting that), if given enough magnetic particles could we also not reproduce the quantum state of an electron on this tape?

To reproduce the exact properties of an electron you must therefore also reproduce the quantum state of that electron in the product that the tape player makes. To do otherwise means that you are producing errrornous electrons which interact with objects (resistors and capacitors) at the reproduction end.

What has the better chance of doing that, given that all circumstances are taken care of?

If the quantum state of an electron leaving a microphone is A and not B and a DAC reproduces the exact properties of an electron with a quantum state of B instead of A isn't that an error?

I'll leave it at that there is no point talking to a brick wall.

Goodnight everyone and I give the most sincere respect to everyone on diyaudio.

I see someone else has had a similar idea:
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/iandm/part12/page2.html

Last edited:
All matter, at least down to a particle level can be described in either or particle theory. Which theory applied to predict an objects behavior is based on the mass and speed of that object and the object(s) it interacts with. Both theories have their limitations..and at a sub particle level both don't fully and accurately describe behavior and interactions. So maybe if we want to know where noise ''comes from'', we study quantum physics then sub-particles, spend billions to search for Higgs Boson etc. If you drop a device towards absolute zero temperature, the average times the electrons in the device randomly jump from one quantum state to another gets reduced..reducing the random noise emission.
Thoughts..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.