I want these 12" field coil on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
These are the most realistic speakers I have heard and owned, the massive horn allow every detail and nuance come through, the breath of the singer, the decay of the note of an instrument is uncanny, I am done with searching for speakers, the wood work by master furniture maker jlsem is exquisite.

214070d1300142850-i-want-these-12-field-coil-ebay-rullit-fh12.jpg

"My god, they're full of stars."

Breathtaking. I would love to listen. Congrats.

Hi Oleg,

Great to see you here!

I have to say that I have admired your work from affar. Your drivers are incredible works of art. It is wonderful to see in our modern disposable world. It will be good to understand some of your philosophy on what makes a great driver, as well as your general audio experience.

Best Regards

David

I am currently thinking of working on field coil drivers in OB ,so i wanted to know from your experience with various drivers .
can you PM .

Thanks
Mekr

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
214070d1300142850-i-want-these-12-field-coil-ebay-rullit-fh12.jpg

"My god, they're full of stars."

Breathtaking. I would love to listen. Congrats.

+1 on great looking and probably great sounding horns. They probably give +10dB boost but my experience is that a front horn will put some peaks and dips in an otherwise flat driver response - although not unpleasantly so. Here is a much smaller 3.5 in driver in a front horn and a spiral sealed TL for the back chamber.

386937d1386731872-foam-core-board-speaker-enclosures-cochlear-5.png

Last edited:
It has been some time but does anyone know how I can get to plans of the front loaded horn Rullit built. I am planning to try and build with my friend an 8" inch version with a horn sub to compliment it.

here is a discussion dealing with 8'' Sabas .. http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=8668.0 but i'm not sure the exact plans are there.

Those famous Rullit squares are more waveguided baffles that a real front horn.. and something like a 'fullrange horn' doesn't exist, these things are more like OBs with a little augmentation in lower mids when speakers ten do start to fall down. And in this case, straight, non-curved walls might work even better.

Thank you. There are some nice cardboard horns tried out there at the link alas no plans. He seems to approximate a horn curve by hand. He had the depth the mouth and throat sizes. He used freehand to draw the exponential curve as far as I understood.

I can get bendable plywood and try to hear an approximation of the Rullit's horn like OB :) I really like how it looks. I just need plans to try it out with some 8" drivers. I may add woofers and tweeters too...

I think about changing my nick ... sounds good "Buzz Killington" :D

You really want to hear my opinion ? Will not please you:

Eight inches diameter is too big for fullrange. To achieve a balanced
presence region seems fairly difficult with drivers > 4" .

If you have to displace air, let the subwork to someone with more
cone area or use more of the small ones.

I disagree completely, what the cone can't produce the whizzer cones will make up for.

These are my dream speakers. I'm sure they sound truly amazing. 8 inches is perfect for almost anything.

Last edited:
if there were demand in large numbers, it seems like Eminence or perhaps MISCO could produce reasonably priced field-coil speakers. Of course they might share cone character with their permanent magnet brethren. Some years ago, Angela Instruments was selling 15" field coil new production Jensen - think for under $200 ea. (?)

With a lath build them yourselfs is possible, but when using rare earth magnets things can work also, however possibillity to chnage parameters with a coil is interesting, like in open baffles or dipoles.

That horn likes nice, maybe to build but then for smaller speaker.

regard

Yes the thread is 6 years old, but my enthusiasm for Oleg Rullit's drivers and horn design is as strong as day one, they just show the weak link in my system with my every upgrades.
Currently his field coil super Aero8s are in my horns, sounds absolutely wonderful.
Thanks Oleg!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.