I want a subwoofer flat from 10hz-40hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, an IB sub should be about as flat as you can get at frequencies so low. Basically, if your talking really really huge enclosures, the sub is going to be pretty close to an IB. Granted, I have not built one, but have read about them extensively and am curious. I have built a sub flat to 15hz and I love it, but I am intrigued by the extreme extention of the IB

Audiophilenoob said:

this isn't a simple task... and no normal person can fit 8 woofers in their home

Uh, yes they can.... It's called a Marshall stack..
:D

simon5 said:
I'm not sure about that. Lots of freaks play loud LF tones without hearing damage. I'm quite sure the damage levels follow the fletcher munsoon curves. So at 20 Hz you'd need about 140 dB.

Actually, I'd be surprised if most of those bass freaks don't have hearing damage, especially the car stereo shootout guys.

I'm mostly certain that you guys are wrong about hearing damage following the Fletcher Munson or A-weighted curves. Damage is tied to intensity not frequency, AFAIK. The frequencies that are damaged may not be the frequencies that caused the damage, though.

Check here: http://www.hearnet.com/at_risk/risk_advice_archive.shtml#caraudio in particular, and the rest of this site for more info.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.