I hate my fonkens :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2011
yes I've been really carefull with the damping inside.

The drivers are break-in.

And dave, sorry I dont want to spread negative reviews around your company, I'm just really unimpressed with the speakers.

I can'T be sure if they are free of leaks, free of major leaks yeah, but I can never know for sure if theres little leaks...

Disabled Account
Joined 2011
no matter what amp I use:
cyrus one
realistic sta-2080
botlehead sex
The bass is really low, the highs are really not enough loud.

fe-127en

I have a somewhat limited experience with full ranges drivers, but I heard a good couples of vintage speakers, and the fonkens are really not on par with any of them

maybe you have switched the polarity on one speaker?!

That actually sounds quite likely. I'd test with a 1.5 V battery (find an AA or AAA type in a remote somewhere). Verify that the speaker cone moves out when plus of the battery is connected to plus on the speaker. Verify on both speakers. Then, of course verify that plus out on the amp is connected to plus on the speaker.

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but mistakes happen. I've dealt with electronics for 25+ years and still make stupid mistakes on occasion.

It costs you nothing but a few minutes of your time to test.

~Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.