I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ! moovinfast]
your bulb is 200W SHP
only lasting 20 hours is JYD/DC, it can not work in SHP ballast.
you have 2 choose:
1,200w jys/dc, 1000hrs, but not so bright, only 80%. $40 each
2,NEW 180W SHP, about 1500hrs,(3000hrs eco) . bright as same the original lamp. $100 each
look the pic, this is a bran-new SHP bulb
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

@Leeperry,

I don't know whether this procedure will work for your lamp, but this is the way I replaced the lamp of my Hitachi CP-L850.

Clean out the hole in the reflector
Insert the lamp carefully, and fix it with some clean wires to the housing, using the electrodes for support.
Look from a distance of 30 to 40 cm in the centre of the reflector.
Position the lamp so, that you can see the gap between the electrodes sharp and symmetrical as a circle in the reflector. You should actually be looking through the bottom of the bulb to the space between the electrodes. Fix the lamp in this position with the wires, and measure to assure that the lamp is correctly centred. Improper centring will result in slight colour gradients in the whites of the images. Put the cement carefully around the base of the lamp.
Make certain that the position of the lamp is not changed during the operation. Remember not to touch the lamp with your fingers! (Or cement, exept for the base) If you do so accidentally, clean the lamp carefully with 100% ethanol on a clean, lintfree cotton or tissue. Best is to wear thin, lintfree gloves, not latex or pvc, since these are mostly covered with some powder.

And Remember:

These lamps can be pretty nasty things, depending on the gas inside. They may be under high pressure, even when cold, and often contain Mercury! Always wear safety goggles when handling them.

Good luck! :smash:

Dank U for your flawless Dutch!

No! Do not turn on the projector. All is done with the lamp housing detached from the projector. Many projectors use a down stepping regulator, which means that their lamps are directly connected to the mains. A detached lamp while still connected to the projector's power supply is extremely dangerous!

The procedure I described is completely carried out with the lamp housing outside the projector, and in no way connected to the projector. All I did was to make sure that the source of the light (The arc) is in focus when viewed from 30-40 cm above the centre of the reflector. A larger distance may be required for different models of projectors, but this is what worked quite well with my Hitachi. And of course, the best thing to do is to have this look at the original lamp/housing/refelctor combination, before you take out the defective lamp, and make careful notes about the view, or even better, pictures.

Again: good luck, and do not hesitate to ask me when something seems to be lost in translation.:att'n:

oh ok thanks, that's the way I tried to do it.......

but the arc is so short(1mm) that it's a hit or miss..

and YWH advised me to turn on the pj, put some cement, stick the reflector in front of a wall, search for the most brightful position and wait until it dries up.

if I put silicone gloves and don't smoke pot, I can't quite electrify myself :D

lamp for Eiki XNB4 broken?

Hi Folks, dear guru YWH,

I got a Eiki beamer XNB4. I think the lamp needs to be replaced, but i´m not sure, as it´s not broken, not dusty or exploded. The beamer just stopped working from one day to the other.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/EIKI-LC-XNB4.htm

I noticed that the wire that comes out of the glass of the lamp is not directly connected anymore, but rather "crossed" (is this still working?)

What kind of replacement lamp do i need? It says UHP 200W, the lamp replacement number is 610 293 2751, which will give you lots of incredible expensive replacements (500$!)

<B>All UHP lamps I see at 18wheeler have a <u>litte glass bulb in the middle</u>, but mine does is just a straight glass without any bulb!!</B>

What kind of lamp do I need?

Cheers,

Tom

Attachments

• closeup3.jpg
    closeup3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 407
Ok, thank you! I see that there is also a blub in it, it´s just deep inside! How stupid of me.

So replacing the old with a JYd-SE lamp (AC) from 18wheeler will be the best?

Or do you think I can do anything other? Does the fact that the wire looks broken mean that the whole lamp is not working anymore or is this just normal?

Attachments

• xnb4-lamp.jpg
    xnb4-lamp.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 367
Hi ywh!!

I have finally take some pics of my lamps!
Can you find out what type is it?
In two cases, it's impossible to see the electrode gap due to mirror effect of the reflector.
In the Epson, the bulb looks like 'cloudy' too.
The pics:

Benq MP610:
benq4.jpg

benq3.jpg

benq2.jpg

benq1.jpg

Epson ELP-3000:
epson4.jpg

epson3.jpg

epson2.jpg

epson1.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Ri7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.