I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Eucyblues

dont bother the knurled metal end , you can manage it I think,

I found the LP350 reflector, but the perfect reflector is not cheaper , need $60, this pirce is without cage.

the Crackle reflector is cheaper, $ 30, the Crackle is outside, specular inside is perfect.
but your original reflector is like this too, I think you can manage your original reflector if you got my cement.

Attachments

• 101_4981.jpg
    101_4981.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 468
LP 350 lamp replacement

Hi ywh,

it's the first time I try to post in a forum - but lets try.

I ordered and already got from you the JYd275/D.C. for my Infocus LP350 because measuring the power supply of my LP350 I found out that voltage is increased in steps up to 75 V DC (not AC like in pdf list) and current starts with someting above 4 amps and goes down to 3.6.

You mentioned to Eucyblues that
Infocus LP350 need JYS/DC 270W .

But there are two LP350 versions -
the original LP350 and an upgraded version
after initial lamp problems.
Unfortunately I got the original and upgrade is
no longer offered.

Infocus name for non-upgraded is SP-LAMP-LP3E,
for upgraded power-supply projectors SP-LAMP-LP3F

I didn't try the new lamp until now - also because I'm not sure if that lamp is ok (little milky glass - see picture).
I tried to send an e-mail also.
Maybe you can give me some hints,

Thanks,
fly2max

Attachments

• lp350_replacement_lamp_jyd275dc.jpg
    lp350_replacement_lamp_jyd275dc.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 488
Wow, what a thread. I've leared far more reading this thread than every other google search put together.

I'm looking to try doing a replacement lamp to see if I can bring life back to a projector I got for free. The $400-500 i've seen quoted for a replacement unit is more than the projector is worth!

My projector is a Sharp XG-NV4SU. 150w bulb ... but i'm not positive of the type. I've already gotten the bulb out of the reflector and a picture is attached. The etched marking says: MHS150A15 0J24

I've noticed there's a small drop of ?mercury? inside the bulb. Not sure if this is normal or a sign of a failed bulb - it "looks" ok but i assume MH bulbs don't always fail in a visible way. In any case, if anyone knows what kind of bulb I'd need and ywh has one, i'd love to know how much it would cost shipped to the US (new york). Thanks much!

Attachments

• bulb.jpg
    bulb.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 428
Lamp life

It all depends.

I have tried three of these replacement lamps so far with the following results:

Lamp 1: JYd150/AC Mitsubishi LVP-X70UX ~ 300 hours
Failure Mode: ONE MELTED ELECTRODE.

Lamp 2: JYd150/AC Mitsubishi LVP-X70UX ~ 120 hours
Failure Mode: BURNED INTERNAL CONNECTION TO ONE ELECTRODE.

Lamp3: JYs400/AC 3M MP8610 over 600 hours and still running.

The 2 Mitsubishis are different projectors.

Getting ready to try my luck on one more JYd150/AC.

Hi FRIDAY,
Glad you posted that info, there seems to be a couple of folks that have asked on that subject .
Seems to me as I first read through this thread that a lot of people would talk about the procedures and share techniques and such but never really followed through with the results. I was a bit disappointed at the lack of info on the success part..
Sure, I mean how are ya' going to talk about success when you really have to put a lot of hours on the lamp to report back on it so I can sort of see why there's not a lot of info. Your info is valuable information I wish a lot more folks would chime in on the subject of success and failure.
I'm still going through some testing stages on one of mine which is an Olympus VP1 UHP and on another projector so I really can't say much on it yet. Had to sort of put it aside for other projects and priorities. I do understand that there are also a lot of factors in lamp life and performance. I think above them all are heat and positioning. Still not sure on how much importance of the cement that is used in comparison to heat sink properties though. I would think it would be a contributing factor.
Was sort of leaning away from the muffler mender that you had mentioned in your earlier posts. Will eventually get some of the ceramic cement and am looking into some. Ywh was kind enough to send some along with this last purchase and it sure helped.
I even tried the recycling bit with it as in save the cement that I took out crush into a fine powder with a pair if flat duckbills and reuse. The reason I did is my ceramic cement had gotten air to it and dried out.

It will hold and I was actually able to reposition the bulb in and out for fine tuning the focal point. So it was a mixed bag as far as reclaiming it as it is a bit softer and will crumble easily when dry.
Drying time was the same with 175 degree heat applied., about half an hour.
I was thinking on this next go round that I may do the same thing and use a 25% cement and 75% reclaimed powder and give it a go. The reasoning is it will allow for repositioning if needed and give it more stability.
Too bad on the short hours on your two Mitts. wonder what the deal is on that ?
Looks like your ol' workhorse 3M MP8610 w/ the JYS/400/AC is hanging in there.

Hi fly2max !

some inf of the pdf list is wrong, but I can not delet it now.
yes! it is a DC lamp,you need DC lamp to replace SHP. there is a biger electrode in the bulb.270w SHP is OK! dont bother LP3E or LP3F.

little milky glass is metal halide, and a little mercury

Hi sabrex
18wheeler sent email last day.he can reply to you I think.

Hi ciscoopa !

the bulb of your pic is not metal halide lamp, 100%
here said it is metal halide lamp, I dont believe this web.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sharp_PG_Series-Notevision4_(XG-NV4SU).htm
your bulb is UHP,I believe your practical bulb.
you need JYD/AC, $60 each, shipping is 5$.

Hi TonkaTuff
I can sell to you a cage, Reflector and bulb ... And some cement, but do you mind the crack?

Hi rogsteam !
tried to ask 18 wheeler again,pleace.

Hi irome
Yes! jyd/dc 200w cost whip ship to spain is 65$? about 1-2 week, my english is very bad too;-)

Hi FRIDAY
Mitsubishi LVP-X70UX lamp is SHP 150W,it is a DC lamp, there is a biger electrode in the bulb, but JYd150/AC is AC lamp, has no biger electrode, so BURNED INTERNAL CONNECTION TO ONE ELECTRODE,the biger electrode is +,stronger.
dont try your luck on one more JYd150/AC pleace,that is SHP.

I have bran-new SHP bulb, it is perfect, from bran-new lamp assembly.
the pic is bran-new SHP bulb
attachment.php

from bran-new lamp kit, I pull the bulb out
attachment.php

this is new SHP lamp, work without any problems,
3000hrs !
this type reflector can not be used,I have to use the bulb only.
attachment.php

Hi GiGi81
your need is same as FRIDAY,upper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.