I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, when evaluating a piece in your system, these things are all held constant during the comparison. For some reason you seem to think you have named five variables that audiophiles have never heard of.

John

Huh? I was simply correlating how we decide what clubs to buy and what golf balls to hit back to audio.

I was posting the 5 meaningful elements to picking an amp. I have no idea what audiophiles do...Im not one, never will be Im strictly an audio hobbies who will buy/build and test what I please.

If you want to discuss, discuss if you want to fight put on gloves :D

Huh? I was simply correlating how we decide what clubs to buy and what golf balls to hit back to audio.

I was posting the 5 meaningful elements to picking an amp.

If you want to discuss, discuss if you want to fight put on gloves :D

I'm not looking for a fight, so let's look at reality. Suppose your golf pro analyzes your swing. He chooses the "correct clubs" based on said results. What happens when you try something that works better for you? How would you like it if your handicap improved and the pro dismissed you out of hand?

John

Can unconcious bias lead you not to hear differences or not buy a cable for example because you might not like the sellers face,the manufacturer,the fact that you have to spend more money and other similar?

Bias is bias, no matter what the situation. In this respect both sides will simply go back and forth for ever. The two sides on this forum are forever split and I see no way to ever convene them. This will continue down the same path as all of the other pages with noting more gained than further bickering.

I'm not looking for a fight, so let's look at reality. Suppose your golf pro analyzes your swing. He chooses the "correct clubs" based on said results. What happens when you try something that works better for you? How would you like it if your handicap improved and the pro dismissed you out of hand?

John

The fight comment was just a joke, nothing meant by it..other then Im not a serious person about many things.

I have done many swing analysis and any pro will tell you its never the clubs even if they are fitted. As handicap improvement is measureable, nothing posted by Curly Woods is measureable.

Also the Pro would never question how you play better....Arnold Palmer had the worse swing in the game but he could flat out play. Mo Norman was one of the quirkest players period but he could hit a 2 foot spot from 200 years (Saw him do it).

Audio is different, people are defensive for no reason. They refuse to accept there are things out there that will prove their beliefs wrong (people like me will change opinion any time there is proof, that is different then the Curly Woods of the world). It seems that only the critical listening crowd gets bent out of shape in every thread like this. I never understand their misplaced passion.

Heck if it was me I would simply say "Yep, I know the science says there is no difference but I like Placebo and Im enjoying my setup" It should not really matter if someone like me posts "There isnt really an audible difference" and post some links to back up my opinion (Unlike the subjective crowd I look for secondary sources for more proof first).

There would be zero debate if someone like Curl Woods would just realize that science is a little more advanced and a little more rigorous in its testing methods then someone like him. He should simply acknowedge that he is okay with BIAS and he enjoys his system. I wouldnt fault him at all, I would respect him for being intelligent but subjective.

I use Audyssey but I do not like a flat response. I know its accurate but I still don't like it. I like using a Pro kit or a DCX to set my own curve. I realize this isnt what purest would do but Im not them. I enjoy what I do, what I have. I know pro audio amps are as good as high end amps but I still own a Sunfire for many different reasons (I also own about $5K in pro amps).

Just learn, acknowledge and move on. You can be still extremely subjective after that.

Last edited:
after spend a lot of money with an expensive magic cable and perceive it the same as a cheap pair of wire?... people will feel themselves alike fools...so...defense mechanisms enter in action and everything is transformed, and for sure you will "tune" your brain to perceive differences... and this is the illusion.
Carlos

Wake up Carlos, only a fool will spend a lot of money on a cable without carefully evaluating it first.

John

:no: Don't encourage him.....in my view he is a flamer.:flame::flame:

Changing mag field is the same as moving. And as soon as you put a changing voltage on the inductor the current thru the inductor sets up a changing mag field (this is why we have inductance) which causes back EMF. So a fixed inductor is the same as a moving voice coil if you aply an AC signal.

Then you get a changing mag field within a constant but changing mag field :confused:, somehow it just seems to get more complex.

Can unconcious bias lead you not to hear differences or not buy a cable for example because you might not like the sellers face,the manufacturer,the fact that you have to spend more money and other similar?

Yes. Conscious ones, too. I remember the early days of The Audio Critic- if a speaker didn't use a KEF T27 tweeter, the highs were no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.