Hypex SMPS - When Is It Coming? Alternatives?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jorn,

take a look at the chapter "Auto Amplifier Enable Characteristics" in the SMPS400 datasheet (page 7). Basically this kind of 'power good' pin of JP1:5 already does what you want to accomplish, as the UCDs employ an "Input and ON/OFF control" at pin J4:4 as per the UCD180 datasheet (page 3). ;)

Hi Jan-Peter,

I think Jorn is just asking for recommended minimum delays so as to cover the SMPS's and UCD's turn-on/turn-off settling times. There might be a reason he likes to uses relays, anyway. ;)

Cheers,
Sebastian.

sek said:
Hi Jorn,

take a look at the chapter "Auto Amplifier Enable Characteristics" in the SMPS400 datasheet (page 7). Basically this kind of 'power good' pin of JP1:5 already does what you want to accomplish, as the UCDs employ an "Input and ON/OFF control" at pin J4:4 as per the UCD180 datasheet (page 3). ;)

Hi Jan-Peter,

I think Jorn is just asking for recommended minimum delays so as to cover the SMPS's and UCD's turn-on/turn-off settling times. There might be a reason he likes to uses relays, anyway. ;)

Cheers,
Sebastian.

Hi,

When you pull the SMSP standby line low (switchin ON the SMPS), there is a delay time of 1 sec, then the UcD will be switch ON with a delay time of 2 sec, in total the delay time will be more of less 3 sec.

I hope this clearifies everything!

Jan-Peter

Jan-Peter,

That's great then! I assumed that the SMPS would use a lot more stand-by current, that's why I wanted it to get switched on with a relais...

If standby is only 0,5 W, then together with my auto-power-on circuit it will be approx. 1.2W in standby, which is eco-friendly enough for me! :)

Any news when it's available?

Cheers,

Jorn

mindwipe said:
Jan-Peter,

That's great then! I assumed that the SMPS would use a lot more stand-by current, that's why I wanted it to get switched on with a relais...

If standby is only 0,5 W, then together with my auto-power-on circuit it will be approx. 1.2W in standby, which is eco-friendly enough for me! :)

Any news when it's available?

Cheers,

Jorn

That's correct, but do not forget that you will need a seperate stand-by circuit to swith the SMPS 400 ON or OFF.

Yesterday we have approved the magnetic materials. The lead time for small orders will be now a couple of weeks.

We are close to release this product.... ;)

Jan-Peter

Calvin said:
Hi,

I wonder, why no PFC is included with a new design? I´m quite sure that there will soon be regulations that every PS from a certain power value on upwards needs a PFC because of environmental issues.

jauu
Calvin

It's not so easy to design a good PFC for an audio amplifier. The SMPS 180 is having PFC and is optimized for an audio amplifier.

You have to see the SMPS 400 as a replacement for a bulky liniear transformer. A 500VA transformer and PSU weight 4,6kg, the SMPS 400 weights only 430grams.... ;)

Also the size is in total roughly 30% smaller fro the SMSP 400.

A PFC for an audio amplifier is less attractive as you think, for sure in home application. Unless you are listening continues to sine waves... :cannotbe:

Jan-Peter

Nisbeth said:
Because I want to power a BTL-amplifier of a different make (to make the whole thing fit in 1U) :D

/U.

Ok, but you have to count to be on the safe side that you only have half the power. Or you have to modify the SMPS from full bridge rectifying to single rectifying.

Of course we cannot guarantuee anything.....

The SMPS is a great repelacemnt for a toroidel transformer.

Jan-Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.