Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being lazy here and trying to avoid re-reading everything so that I can get my mock-up running faster so please forgive me but as it will be a wooden chassis, what earth connections will I need to make (aside from mains power)?

I am using balanced XLR inputs only and will have a mains switch at the rear. I am conscious that one leg of the SMPS is normally linked to the chassis and the chassis would be earthed. In fact general conclusions on what the best earth configuration is (assuming the metal chassis) would also be very helpul.

I'm being lazy here and trying to avoid re-reading everything so that I can get my mock-up running faster

All you need to read is the spec document that came with your nc400. :)

as it will be a wooden chassis, what earth connections will I need to make (aside from mains power)?

Just earth to pin 1on the XLR's.

In fact general conclusions on what the best earth configuration is (assuming the metal chassis) would also be very helpul.

There is a picture in the product sheet. Have a look at that. But the only additional thing is to connect the pin1 of the XLR to the chassis too.

Ah. Not sure if there is an electronics supply service such as RS Components or Conrad in Greece. I am sure there are shops for DJs - they would definitely have the cables.

If I decide to make them myself, where should I connect the ground wire?

Pin 1 of the XLR - shield of cable - shield of RCA plug. Have a look at figure 3 in the nc400 data sheet

Ah. Not sure if there is an electronics supply service such as RS Components or Conrad in Greece. I am sure there are shops for DJs - they would definitely have the cables.

Pin 1 of the XLR - shield of cable - shield of RCA plug. Have a look at figure 3 in the nc400 data sheet

No, I don't think we have those two shops. Thank you very much Julf, you are the best! And the fastest!

I've been browsing ebay for xlr to rca cables and I haven't had any luck and my modules will be arriving very soon (I hope).

I only found this one:
Hi-end Teflon Silver-Plated Male XLR / RCA Cable 1M | eBay

this one (not on ebay)
ViaBlue™ RCA-XLR Cable | NF-S1 Silver Quattro | silvered interconnect
is very expensive for me at the time

Does anyone have a cable to suggest that is less than 50E?

As I only need RCA-XLR cables temporarly until I buy a surround processor with balanced out (maybe the Emotiva XMC-1) I didn't spend too much money on these I bought these one:
Procab CAB701 2x XLR male - 2x RCA male 1.50 meter kopen? | Goedkope | Promo | XLR - RCA

I don't know if this shop also delivers too Greece but you could look for the following cable PROCAB CAB701. Link: ProCab - 701

It's week 18, isn't it. Can someone from Hypex confirm that they will be shipped soon?
Two months since I placed my order. Long time to wait.

Attachments

• weeks.PNG
    weeks.PNG
    49.4 KB · Views: 573
I finished the mdf mock-up cases and managed to wire it all up tonight. It worked first time. Only problem was that after about 5 minutes one amp started cutting out - not contiuously but out then back then out then back every few seconds. So I switched the XLR channels over and all seemed ok. I switched back and so far they've been ok since. Hopefuly there's no problem but when something like that happens you can't help wondering. I'll probably drop Hypex an email just in case.

As the case isn't metal I wired the nAMPON, XLR pin 1, signal wire shielding and a wire to the conductive leg of the SMPS600 all to mains earth.

I still need to wire up the LEDs and test different resistors, replace the supplied mains lead with a shielded version of the right length, make a shorter amp to supply cable and probably make up some different speaker cables but I thought I'd just get them going first and as the mock-ups are to size I can make all the wires up correctly.

As to what I think. I need to listen a bit more before I comment. Pics to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.