• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cheers guys, I think both parties have a point I will continue to post the odd thing here, especially when comparing the various op amps when they arrive. And the more important moments and use my other thread for lesser updates, those who are interested can view.
Hypex are more than happy with the design so its all full speed ahead with production. Have a light tent coming for the photography later in the week. but here is a rough photo of the prototype. The switch will be recessed by about 0.5mm.
PROTOTYPE%20ONE%20NC500_zpscbv6bzmj.jpg

And for those more interested on the insides
IMG_1800_zpsnywvscyl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure he will be able to hear the difference with his ears right away. But perhaps he will conduct the testing to please you.

I am pretty sure he can think for himself. But if he conducts the testing, it shouldn't (and I am pretty sure it won't) be to please me, but to satisfy his own intellectual curiosity and to verify his subjective observations.

As Lord Kelvin stated, "If you can not measure it, you can not improve it."

I am pretty sure he can think for himself. But if he conducts the testing, it shouldn't (and I am pretty sure it won't) be to please me, but to satisfy his own intellectual curiosity and to verify his subjective observations.

As Lord Kelvin stated, "If you can not measure it, you can not improve it."

Yes I agree it will be great to see measurement results. Even if it's just simple noise floor measurements like I posted. But having experience with different opamps and this amp, the ABX testing simply won't be required for him to tell if the discrete opamps sound better, or different, than the LM4562. If his circuit isn't flawed that it.

Looks to me like the stock Hypex board jumbled around with the unnecessary connections omitted. Not sure of all the resistor and cap values, as well as parts quality he will be using though.

Not bad for a bloke in a shed! Second image is pre production prototype hence the finish is not so good but needed shot with LED on! Knackered. Done another veneered front in Santos Rosewood looks stunning. I coined the words "it almost looks proffesional" I then realised I hadn't milled the veneer over the mounting holes! Job for tomorrow me thinks
a11d4731-c5da-4243-b823-ed81acd90965_zpsd3uql0dz.jpg

NORD%20ONE%20MONO%20BLOCK%20LED%20SHOT%20REPLACE_zpsiugbekmi.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.