• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ill email him, cheers for that, I bought some Chinese cases in, they were very good, again one of the decisions in choosing Modu was lead time, consistency, same case in multiple sizes, spare parts and cost. I've had 20 cases arrive in about a weeks lead time, I changed the order from steel covers to ally so I could machine them easier, no problem 4-5 days later they arrive on a pallet.

This guy is very good. And fast. Talk to Yang Wang. He speaks very clear english.

Here's a Pass labs knockoff he did just so you know his capabilities.
pass labs.jpg

So after a day of gruelling design in CAM software and trying to get the CNC to replicate it without snapping bits! today I'm laying out the Chassis mounting holes for the NC500 modules and the SMPS1200A700, and wondering why the hell I started this, I'm treating myself for an hour or so, (before I start again till probably 2-30 3-00 with website and CAM work), with some Ruby The Rabbit Foot, very modern Americana Folk through the NC500's and I have to say is sounding amazing, that's why we do this after all!

Sounds like plan, looks likely ill pay extra for a quick turnaround on the PCB prototypes, even if all goes as quickly as possible will be at least 2 weeks away.

I'd suggest just mounting a DIP 8 socket on the board so people can choose whatever opamp suits their taste best. This way everyone can tailor the sound signature to their own personal tastes.

The NC500 can be the best amp for everyone this way. :)

My brother is an electronics design engineer, far cleaver than me! I was assigned to computer service and production engineering tasks! Hence why I went into sales. One of my Tech sales roles was with Peir Electronics who made ATE load boards I remember sorting Motorolla out with yield on the 68000, showing my age now. He has agreed to engineer it for me, that was my brief to him, but he may want to change it. Any particular reason? I need to send him one, he seemed to think it was pretty straight forward.

My brother is an electronics design engineer, far cleaver than me! I was assigned to computer service and production engineering tasks! Hence why I went into sales. One of my Tech sales roles was with Peir Electronics who made ATE load boards I remember sorting Motorolla out with yield on the 68000, showing my age now. He has agreed to engineer it for me, that was my brief to him, but he may want to change it. Any particular reason? I need to send him one, he seemed to think it was pretty straight forward.

The circuit can be improved upon if a custom board is being made anyways. Audio Precision test equipment is handy to have while designing improved circuits optimized to accept a wide variety of dual opamps.

I certainly hope so, his other boards look superb, though not audio related. Input buffer board sent to him today, Burson sending me free samples of the dual V5 Op Amp, they seem very decent people indeed. Prototype boards will take 7 days once designed, and incorporate hypex regulators, and socket for Op Amp rolling, I have also added a connecter to drive a 24V LED, shorter lead times become prohibitively expensive. Can not wait! Tonight I have nearly a finished milled front panel. The rest of the sleeves arrived today, just waiting on some 12mm sleeves and 1mm Mylex sheet to go under the switch as its about 10mm from the base, so tomorrow can complete a final customer ready prototype to show Hypex. Its been immensely hard work virtually collapsed Friday to many 3.0 AM nights! Looking forward to seeing a finished item with the blue glow along the silver line of the front panel. Cheers for all the input and words of encouragement.

I certainly hope so, his other boards look superb, though not audio related. Input buffer board sent to him today, Burson sending me free samples of the dual V5 Op Amp, they seem very decent people indeed. Prototype boards will take 7 days once designed, and incorporate hypex regulators, and socket for Op Amp rolling, I have also added a connecter to drive a 24V LED, shorter lead times become prohibitively expensive. Can not wait! Tonight I have nearly a finished milled front panel. The rest of the sleeves arrived today, just waiting on some 12mm sleeves and 1mm Mylex sheet to go under the switch as its about 10mm from the base, so tomorrow can complete a final customer ready prototype to show Hypex. Its been immensely hard work virtually collapsed Friday to many 3.0 AM nights! Looking forward to seeing a finished item with the blue glow along the silver line of the front panel. Cheers for all the input and words of encouragement.

I think your doing the right thing. Now you'll truly have a product unique in the market place, that is capable of easily being tailored to the exact sound signature of everyone's tastes.

I suggest you get some Sparko's, and Dexa's as well for your testing. They each have a unique sound signature that will appeal to different tastes.

Nothing stoping anyone from trying the dozens of IC options out there as well if on a budget.

Jesus!! I love the idea of having a sound menu! The next issue is how to describe them, you know that feeling when you order a really great sound starter? turns up and its not what you were expecting!! Love the idea though I can send a menu out with each amp, added upgrade revenue and happy customers. As with everything iQ do will be huge value. If I can make a margin from Burson and still offer great pricing everybody is a winner. That's the beauty of having small overheads. It does its downsides though, I'm on a 13 hour day so far, and ill expect ill do a further 4 hours on the web, researching op amps now, etc, great fun though. Tomorrow will have finished Mono block!

Jesus!! I love the idea of having a sound menu! The next issue is how to describe them, you know that feeling when you order a really great sound starter? turns up and its not what you were expecting!! Love the idea though I can send a menu out with each amp, added upgrade revenue and happy customers. As with everything iQ do will be huge value. If I can make a margin from Burson and still offer great pricing everybody is a winner. That's the beauty of having small overheads. It does its downsides though, I'm on a 13 hour day so far, and ill expect ill do a further 4 hours on the web, researching op amps now, etc, great fun though. Tomorrow will have finished Mono block!

And the best part of it all is I'll only charge a 20% royalty for the idea :)

Last edited:
I have a feeling they are not interested in taking a battering for their over-hiked prices on their wares... Greasy paw Magazine Reviews serve then better :)

You must remember that Boggit is a small business with low overheads who likes to give exceptional value for money and unfortunately there are probably not many like him in this industry.
I have follwed him from when he started he works very hard to help people and very long hours. He deserves to do well and I hope he gets a lot of support.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.