• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hybrid amplifier help...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Owen,
Before trying a DC servo, just reference the input to ground as I mentioned. I have a circuit that is similar that I didn't get over a 50mV DC offset. I left it because other examples sat around 10 mV DC. I didn't get an on or off spike either. This could be as esy as a pair of 220K resistors from each input to ground.

The common resistor ensures equal current flow in the ccs reference diodes, match the emitter resistors. I also matched the input transistors for gain.

-Chris

thanks for clearing that up chris, I was planning on building the circuit as is and testing it before adding a dc servo (if it is really needed) Would rather get it workign before i overcomplicate it. I would probably have a working prototype now.. but i found that the battery in my multimeter is flat when i went to turn it on earler to measure soem resistors :smash: must have left it on or something :smash:
anyway,
i will get a new battery tommorow hopefully.
Wish me luck..lol..
Thanks,
OWen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.